Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Wife's first ever deer

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  FishinSpot 
#1 · (Edited)
Today was an awesome day. My son and I have not connected yet this year with a deer. My wife decided to try her luck today for her first time deer hunting and of course she scores! I'm so proud of her and she is so excited. She was sitting this evening in our "Silo" shooting house overlooking 5 shooting lanes. Around 4:50pm a deer walks out of the woods followed by another and another until there were 5 total milling around. She picked out the largest one and settled in. She was very nervous but did everything right. Took her time, deep breathes, correct aim point, and squeezed the trigger. Deer dropped instantly, DRT! Good size healthy doe. Weighted in at 125lbs total. She was shaking and was so excited. Her main worry was he would take off running into the woods and we would have to do some tracking. None needed, he took an instant dirt nap. Dropped in his tracks. She was using my rem 270 with Leopold VX-3 scope. Awesome setup. So proud of her today. She wants some cube steak and jerkey so we have some work to do now! Good luck everyone!

Attachments

See less See more
#16 ·
Congrats to your wife Murphy!!

Yup. I was surprised. Late last night my son says now you have to get a rifle mom. She says naw, I'll just use dad's since it works so well and he can get another one!! I see a great opportunity here! I wonder if she will go with my choice of a nice 50 cal with full up smart scope :). Win, win! Now I'm gonna start looking for my next sweet rifle!

Gotta love the wife!! She's a keeper!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.