New Hunting Lease In Thomasville, Alabama - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 04:02 AM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default New Hunting Lease In Thomasville, Alabama

Went to our new lease today, 1st time to all to all of the property. Have any of you guys hunted this area before, what kind of quality deer can we expect? This land has been managed for the last 13 yrs. I am ready, 5 months togo!!!
BKERV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2010, 04:07 AM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: New Hunting Lease In Thomasville, Alabama

real good deer if managed right.
countryjwh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 04:22 AM   #3
Grouper

I hunted just West of Thomasville. There are some really good deer in that area. Just depends on how it's hunted. The piece we had was strange. You couldn't hardly find a deer in the morning but in the evening you had a bad day if you didn't see 20. It's better if you are close to the river and it may have plenty of hogs if close to the river. Good luck and post some pics!
pcola4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 04:41 AM   #4
Cigar Minnow

we had a place near chance (turn off of hwy 5 at sunny south between thomasville and pine hill and follow down to the river) from 2003-2008. lots of deer, hogs, turkeys and wood ducks. beautiful place and great potential for mature whitetails. took approximately 4-5 8 points or better each season off of 1400 acres. the neatest buck was a main frame 10 with 3 drop tines that a friend from pennsylvania killed in 2007. if it is well managed, i do not think you will be disappointed. best of luck to you!
swedishfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2010, 02:43 AM   #5
Cigar Minnow

Thanks for the replies guys, sounds like we might have a little bit of fun this year, I will definitely post some pics as soon as we get them on the ground. They are some hogs on the property and we are going to try to shoot some of them thru the summer. Weare getting ready to plant summer plots, what are some recomendations to plant?
BKERV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2010, 03:04 AM   #6
Cigar Minnow

good luck. we planted corn and clay peas in spring/summer. the hogs would have the seed rooted up before it broke the surface. but its worth a shot to try. hog deterrent can be fun (i.e. spotlight and ar-15). we only tried it the first year and wasted enough money and time to realize we didn't need to worry about it anymore
swedishfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #7
Cigar Minnow

Default Deer Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKERV View Post
Went to our new lease today, 1st time to all to all of the property. Have any of you guys hunted this area before, what kind of quality deer can we expect? This land has been managed for the last 13 yrs. I am ready, 5 months togo!!!

May have an oppertunity to relocate from Arkansas to Thomasville. How is the deer and turkey hunting down there? What is the going rate for a lease member?
rwilhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2011, 06:31 AM   #8
Sailfish

Default Had A Club.....

.....south of Brewton for awhile. So-so deer and a few hogs just passin thru. Biggest dislikes for me were,license fee and no baiting/feeding.

I'll never go back to Ala. ---SAWMAN
Old 06-07-2011, 08:27 AM   #9
White Marlin

Al was going to change the baiting rule for this year, did they ever do that? Can anyone bring us up to date on the new rules?
FrankwT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #10
Trigger

Haven't heard they changed anything Frank. Kinda hoping they don't personally. No one corns by us we know of and we all see plenty of deer. In fact, I see more deer here in Atmore without corn than I do when I hunt on what's supposed to be a good lease in Fl where they corn enough to feed a small nation. When Everyone does it, it all cancels out in my opinion and the deer become more nocturnal than they were before. Just my opinion.

As for going rates on leases, land will range anywhere from $6.50-$14 an acre. the closer you get to the blackbelt, the more it costs generally in my experience.
Ruger7mmmag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.