Mr. Bill Arnold - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Forum

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lettheairout
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2017, 08:40 PM   #1
Senior Member
White Marlin
 
lettheairout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: milton
Posts: 3,388
Default Mr. Bill Arnold

Wanna know if you would be willing to post a pic of that little scratch box caller you have. Since you showed it to me last season when we ran into each other in the morning. If you don't wanna post it can you pm me. Looking to see if I can get some measurement to have a friend build one.

sent from outside your window
team 12
lettheairout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-20-2017, 04:14 PM   #2
Senior Member
Grand Slam
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gulf Breeze
Posts: 9,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettheairout View Post
Wanna know if you would be willing to post a pic of that little scratch box caller you have. Since you showed it to me last season when we ran into each other in the morning. If you don't wanna post it can you pm me. Looking to see if I can get some measurement to have a friend build one.

sent from outside your window
team 12
I met Bill Arnold on Saturday in the woods. Really nice guy.
jspooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 08:04 PM   #3
Member
Ruby Red Lip
 
bowfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Wakulla County
Posts: 55
Default

If no luck, PM me. I have a buddy with a scratch box call made by his grandpa.
bowfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2017, 09:18 PM   #4
Senior Member
White Marlin
 
lettheairout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: milton
Posts: 3,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspooney View Post
I met Bill Arnold on Saturday in the woods. Really nice guy.
Super nice guy. Man knows so much about the outdoors.

sent from outside your window
team 12
BLACKWATER_BOUNTY likes this.
lettheairout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2017, 10:37 PM   #5
Member
Ruby Red Lip
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cantonment,Fl.
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettheairout View Post
Wanna know if you would be willing to post a pic of that little scratch box caller you have. Since you showed it to me last season when we ran into each other in the morning. If you don't wanna post it can you pm me. Looking to see if I can get some measurement to have a friend build one.

sent from outside your window
team 12
lettheairout.........google Tom Gaskins Turkey Calls.
The one I showed you last spring after I killed that gobbler on the creek is my favorite turkey call.
The dimensions are 6''length and 1" X1" .
As I shared with you....I went to Palmdale,Fl.,visited with Mr Gaskins. He was a super cool guy.....Showed me his handmade calls. I ended up purchasing 5 calls. Back then {1986} they were $5.00 each.
I hate to guess how many toms have lost their lives when that call is used.
Apparently the crack in the wood tone board allows it to resonate with a vibrating raspy yelp that toms cannot resist.
Al.remoraking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 06:08 AM   #6
Senior Member
White Marlin
 
lettheairout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: milton
Posts: 3,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al.remoraking View Post
lettheairout.........google Tom Gaskins Turkey Calls.
The one I showed you last spring after I killed that gobbler on the creek is my favorite turkey call.
The dimensions are 6''length and 1" X1" .
As I shared with you....I went to Palmdale,Fl.,visited with Mr Gaskins. He was a super cool guy.....Showed me his handmade calls. I ended up purchasing 5 calls. Back then {1986} they were $5.00 each.
I hate to guess how many toms have lost their lives when that call is used.
Apparently the crack in the wood tone board allows it to resonate with a vibrating raspy yelp that toms cannot resist.
Thank you. Now to find one. That call was an awesome little thing.

sent from outside your window
team 12
lettheairout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.