Gobblers - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Gobblers

Anyone been out listening for gobblers yet? I plan on going out tomorrow morning for the first time..

Hearing that first gobble of the season is almost like being a kid on Christmas morning. 30 years of turkey hunting and I still get so excited with turkey hunting!!

I will let y'all know if I hear anything!!!
GOBBLERSTOPPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Hunter
Snapper

I heard several this past week in blackwater... Never heard them before out there. Maybe I just wasnt in the right spot. excited to get on them this year.
chodges is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
Grouper

Man i miss chasing them birds my old man was one HELL of turkey hunter, i swear he could call one with just his mouth and sit still enough for ole' gobbler to walk right up to him. we used to have calling contest between the two of us all the time. He lived for turkey season named his second son Jake of all things cause he was born during turkey season. i will never forget pops coming home from hunting and having to go to the hospital decked out in full camo, he was huntin that day. Yall go get em boys good luck this season
capt'n slim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Well I'm over here at Eglin so the only land I have to hunt is the Eglin Reservation. Last year was my first season to hunt here. There are some turkeys out there but for every gobbler I heard, I bet there were 5 hunters after him..

More than one morning I would be working a bird, I would be the only vehicle in the area and then all of a sudden I would either hear that another hunter had slipped in on me or I would see them walking in on me, then get back to the truck and there would be 2 or 3 trucks parked by mine and a couple more parked down the road..

Public land hunting sucks but it is all I have so I put myself through the pain anyway.. My wife says I am stupid for going out every single morning season is open but man do I love turkey hunting!!

What I love more than calling in one for myself is actually taking new folks out and calling for them, I get more satisfaction out of that..
Old 02-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
Snapper

They have been gobbling in escambia county since january.hope there not done doing there thing by the time the season opens.im sure the poachers are having a ball now.
BOGIA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
Sailfish

Heard them gobbling in blackwater back on the general gun reopener (after thanksgiving opener). Listened to 5 different gobblers and 20 something hens for two hours that morning.
Washington is playing their ignorant and ill-informed constituency like an organ grinder plays his monkey. The monkey shuts up and does what he's told, as long as he gets his banana. There is no difference in Washington. They squander the blood sweat and tears of the hard working, tax paying Americans and lie to them when they're caught. Needing their ever-increasing supply of bananas, the trained monkeys will continue to dance for their bananas.
bigbulls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

Well my plans for going out this morning to listen were stopped when the weather man said last night that there would be heavy fog this morning.

I thought I would wait until tomorrow to go out and listen now. Of course when I walked outside this morning there was no fog.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #8
Blue Marlin

Marine Scout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #9
Snapper

Wirelessly posted

Over in Eglin all them turkey hunters prob calling each other, not a real live Turkey anywhere near. Ha!
oysterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #10
Enjoying Gods Creation
Grouper

Dang it man....... thats one tight choke! Ive seen some jelly heads but thats the first decapitation.....lol.
Mike Moore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.