Gator hunting continues, Deer prep starts - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
Snapper

Default Gator hunting continues, Deer prep starts

Even though Gator hunting is still at full throttle, If your a deer hunter, you need to be planting food plots,puting up deer stands, shooting houses, and clearing roads and shooting lanes. The problem? It sure makes it tough to pay the mortgage at the end of month. I scheduled a couple of days this week to put up a shooting house and clear lanes and food plots. That doesn't leave time for other extacrurricular activities. But when the stars line up and the weather is right for Gator hunting, ya gotta go!!!! and that is exactly what Dewayne and I did last night. I've got a couple of monster Gators I just can't get off my mind. I've had both of them on 2 times each, and by brute force and massive weight have managed to get away every time. At first I tryed to blame it on rookies in the boat or rookie mistakes. But last night, We went prepared! Dewayne has caught a couple of 400lb + 11 footers with me. So experience was in the boat, But as fate would have it, 500 + lbs of brute force won out over experience. Thats three times i've lost to that Gator. It's starting to affect my psyche. The night wasn't a total loss, we did manage to catch two fine gators. We caught an 8'5" gator. We entered a slough and after carefully shining it We determined there were no gators. We decided to stop and eat a bite. After 10 minutes a gator exploded beside the boat when he came up for air and found us still there. The water was about four feet deep, and as the gater crawled on long the bottom air bubbles would rise to the sufface. Leaving a trail to where the gator was. All we had to do was troll aolong side the trail untill he stoped and we got over him. A harpoon found its mark in the base of his tail. The 9 1/2 footer was in a fast flow, sand bottom, shallow creek. Gators don't like areas like that. so we knew he was passing through. Sand dosen't release air, so we couldn't find him that way, but there was a log that laid across 3/4 of the creek. The gator had to come though that funnel point. The water was flowing to fast to put a bait in the water, so we laid it on the end of the log and backed off behide some bushes. We had him in less than 30 minutes. frustrating, but great night of gator hunting!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Gator hunting continues, Deer prep starts-004-jpg   Gator hunting continues, Deer prep starts-005-jpg  

Last edited by Bone Yard; 09-21-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Bone Yard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
Snapper

That's one ugly critter, but the gator looks good. Good write up as usual .
ABailey is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABailey View Post
That's one ugly critter, but the gator looks good. Good write up as usual .
That is funny right there, true but funny
BobbyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
White Marlin

Talking

Great job
MULLET HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.