Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Doe Cans..... how do YOU use them ?

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Blake R. 
#1 ·
I didn't want to derail a previous thread, so I'm starting this one now and asking how y'all use a doe can ?
There have been waay too many successful posts on here, not to carry a doe can in my bag of tricks.
So:
How often ?
How many bleats in a sequence ?
How long between sequences ?
Do you only use it when you see a deer, or also do it blindly ?
Use it in conjunction with a buck grunt or rattling ?
Sure I left something out so pile on, and thanks for your input.

#3 ·
I didn't want to derail a previous thread, so I'm starting this one now and asking how y'all use a doe can ?
There have been waay too many successful posts on here, not to carry a doe can in my bag of tricks.
So:
How often ?
How many bleats in a sequence ?
How long between sequences ?
Do you only use it when you see a deer, or also do it blindly ?
Use it in conjunction with a buck grunt or rattling ?
Sure I left something out so pile on, and thanks for your input.
How often ? ever 15-30 minutes
How many bleats in a sequence ? 2-3
How long between sequences ?15-30 minutes
Do you only use it when you see a deer, or also do it blindly ? normally blindly if a deer is walking to me I don't touch it. If he turns around then I will try it.
Use it in conjunction with a buck grunt or rattling ? The double I got in BW the only sequences I did was 3 flips of the can and very soft tending grunts. After all the bucks I heard grunting behind does in the Hutton unit that day (most spike) I use a grunt call now to. But make it very soft grunts.

Reactions: hsiF deR
#9 ·
I agree. I should have added to my previous post that I hit the grunt hard cause he was 100 yards out and it was blowing 10+mph. It was desperation on my end.

#7 ·
If I had left my grunt in the truck (as usual) my daughter would have missed out on a nice buck. He turned to leave the field, but 2 grunts turned him, and 2 more brought him into the open. I'll take one with me every hunt.

Haven't used the can in years, but after seeing these type posts I'm gonna get one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.