Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Corn in Bama question

2K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  auburn17 
#1 ·
So I know 100 yds, cant see the feeder and all that but.... what if I turn the feeder off for a few days and make sure there is no corn on the ground?
what about just emptying it where there is no corn in the feeder or on the ground? - Do I have to completely remove the feeder?

#8 ·
Yep, I am sure they do. I called them once for a deer tbat we found well after dark. And he was still alive and on neighbor property. They informed me there closest unit was an hour away and they rarely made it to that area. To dispatch it myself. In 5 years I have never seen a depity or game warden.

Sure as I write this we will next weekend, lol

#11 ·
Honestly the deer are traveling between two feeders that are about 300 yds apart. I'm about 200 yds from one but only 100 from the other. The closest one has been out since Christmas and I'm gonna empty it but the bucks are traveling past, not eating, just checking for does. Still it may not be a good idea. I don't understand how the heck your not supposed to shoot a deer that's headed to a feeder, how the heck do I know where he's going. What if I'm a half mile from a feeder??

#15 ·
The way the regulation is worded technically you are legal, but I know of 2 people who got tickets because the warden said the tracks he could see from the stand were headed to the feeder. I wouldn't risk hunting the set up you are talking about if you don't want a ticket.

It's stupid the way the new regulations are written, people are hunting within the parameters and still getting tickets. Either legalize it or don't

#18 ·
If he shows up, just tell him that you're a "Sovereign Citizen" and that his laws don't apply to you. They love that stuff.:whistling:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.