Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

BW Opener PM

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  HeavyD 
#1 · (Edited)
Well this year is starting off WAAAY better than last LOL, i didnt get lost, i didnt break anything, lose anything, scare a shooter buck off or embarrass myself. On top of that, I saw 8 freakin deer! I'm still after my first but I'm thankful to have had the restraint to not shoot mama or a yearling. Saw two different groups of three, each had a spotted fawn, doe, and a yearling, one of which was a barely-button. Last two were shadows, too dark to even see my pins. I may sit the same spot tomorrow and see what comes out.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Trust me I'm stoked to have seen deer. Last season I couldn't spot one for nothin! Word was there was a pile of people at this spot this morning. I met a guy who had stashed his stand right where I originally planned to sit, he was freindly and cool about it so we walked in together and I picked a new spot, glad I did!

#17 ·
I'll be in escambia in a couple weeks. I was having trouble sighting my bow in with the old school linear 5 pins so I went to Mike's(can't speak highly enough of the service I've been given there) to get a new 5 pin sight and somebody sent me a dropaway rest which Mike's is installing for me.

So I will probably make it there the last 2 weekends of bow season. Then I'll be up in the tree alot during gun season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.