Boar Hunting?? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Hunting/Shooting Forum > Hunting Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 05:44 PM   #1
Mingo

Default Boar Hunting??

All,

I'm looking for a place for my 12 year old son to do some boar hunting. We live in Gulf Breezeso the closer - the better. His visual acuity is not 100% but he can shoot a rifle. Please let me know if you have / or know of someone / wanting to get rid of some pigs...

Thanks,

Bill

captgoody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
White Marlin

Default RE: Boar Hunting??

a few guys on here have been slayin em on escambia river. you could get a jon boat and give that a try. all you gotta buy is a hunting liscense and a mgmt stamp. plus it would prolly beprettymemorable for yall to go scout the area together, find the hogs, then hunt them together.
ScullsMcNasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 08:02 PM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

I agree Escambia River WMA is the place to go. Just make sure you have a GPS, good compass, or don't stray too far from the boat. It can get nasty in there.
Ithaca37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
Mingo

escambia is were my son killed his first PIGGIE..you can start on brosanham island on the lower half of the river, its a lil closer for you. All you have to do is get there you will find the sign EVERYWERE.. the hard part is finding what makes the sign..lol They seem to just disapear.. If you dont know were to go just hunt close to the bank i have killed them as soon as i have got out....GOOD LUCK!!
jawbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 09:09 AM   #5
Sailfish

CAPTGOODY.........Don't rule out Eglin. It's not a bad drive from GB and they have a very good hog population. The woods aren't near as rough as Escambia River. This is my first time ever hunting there and saw a huge boar on my second sit. If I ever get away from work again I'm goin' after him. the woods are open there for the most part except on the Yellow River side of the sections. the one I found is on a creek away from the River a ways. Ask anybody that's been there awhile and I'm sure they can point you in the right direction. You'll need some comfortable shoes, that's about it. No boat to fool with in cold weather.
Collard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.