Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Anybody seeing Woodcock?

917 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  hyco 
#1 ·
Have not been in the woods much yet this year, but did see my woodcock of the year while driving down I-10 yesterday. It was first light between Pine Forest Rd and state line. Was wondering if anyone out there chases them or if any of y'all in the deer woods have noticed any recent flights?

#2 ·
I have seen several here in the last few weeks. Got a pair outside my office window. Alsp saw over half a dozen on the shoulder of the road in a ditch.

#3 ·
Somebody do a Sammie's joke....

Reactions: tips n tails
#4 ·
I see them running along the beach all the time! :shifty:

I know a guy up in Atmore area who hunts them with his GSP's.

I did a search imagines for woodcock, ran across Abi Woodcock.;)

#6 ·
Worked my dog for a couple hours at one of my go to spots without a flush yesterday. They seem to be a here today gone tomorrow bird. I'll be back at it in a couple days.

#7 · (Edited)
Perdido managementand on hwy 112. Take second left past game warden shack. You'll come to a huge food plot straight ahead or you can jig back right and it goes into the woods for a couple hundred then another food plot. If your there at the mouth of the food plot road at the crack of day you will see some fly in. Big heads behind the plot and thick nasty on the road to the plot. We kill several there every year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.