Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Al. youth hunt

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  saltgrass 
#1 ·
I'm taking my kids deer hunting this weekend in Clarke county Al.
We've always had great luck on this hunt. Anyone else going?

#2 ·
My last "youte" turned 16 so I'm fresh outta youtes. Good luck!

#6 ·
last year i took my 15yr old. sat morning he drops a 90lb doe. sunday morning he drops a big 6pt. I'm taking my 7yr old this year. wish us luck. i haven't seen anything except for spots and one that just lost its spots. if that dude rolls out I'm gonna let my boy take it. to many meat hunters around here to see anything decent. my 15yr old had that irish luck last year. I'm hoping for the same this weekend for my younger son.

#8 ·
On my way home from Kansas now...18 hour drive, should get in at midnight. Loading up my two boys 7 and 4 & their cousins 10 and 8. Headed to the camp in the morning. Me and my brother in law are gonna have our hands full, but looking forward to it!

#11 ·
Took my 8 year old son this afternoon. Around 4:15 a doe came out and grazed around. After trying to wake him up for several minutes (he had a campout last night and stayed up most the night) he finally woke up and tried the shot. Guess he was still out of it too much to focus throught the scope. Anyhow, he shot a little bit high. Sure was hoping he could take his first deer today. Oh well, maybe next time!

#12 ·
my 7yr old doesn't want to go again and my 5yr old can't wait to go. I'm going fishing in the morning and taking the little guy hunting in the afternoon. we saw my dads pie deer come out this afternoon. finally we see deer moving around here. i hope my little one can zero in on one. I'm going to pray for patience cuz he's the wild one but he may be my hunter. that 243 kicks like my 7mag so i may help a bit but it will be his deer. he will be the trigger man. wish him luck. he is so excited.

#13 ·
Took the family up for the weekend, my son (14 yr old) starts out Friday morning shooting over the back of a doe with his bow. Friday evening me ,wife, and daughter (11yr old) head to the SH, does and fawns to start with and at 4:40 the gates opened and one of them was a nice 9 pt. 170 yds., shoots and miss, he picks up and runs toward us, reload the single shot, he stops at 120 yds.she drops him like a bad habit.(Got it all on video)
Sleep in Sat morning, me and her head to the stand Sat evening, does blow us around 4:45, 15 min later 3 bucks walk in don't like the situation, picked the best one out and let him have. Son was on deer all weekend never got another shot (Bow hunted all weekend).
All-in-All i call this a good weekend, time with the family and killing deer.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.