Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

8yr Old Daughters first deer

2K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  HisName 
#1 ·
This post is late but I am finally getting in on here. My daughter was able to take her first deer on Thanksgiving. 75lb spike that she dropped in its tracks. She was so excited afterwards that she had to call her mom and uncles to let them all know while we were still on the stand. Although, as the picture shows, she was not too happy with her bloody face
She has since been ATE UP with the deer hunting. We have a doe tag saved for her to shoot, but everytime we go out all I hear is "I think I am going to wait for buck". We spent the entire day in the woods this past Saturday but no kills, however we had a blast.
She is already asking me what time we leave this coming Saturday.

Man I love this

Keith

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Awesome! I took my 3 kids last week and although wednesday was a bust because the 5 and 7 y/o cant be still or quiet, we were able to shoot a Doe Thursday morning.
My 9 y/o was stoked and wants to go again. I am so glad they all 3 enjoyed the hunt. My 7y/o daughter helped me clean and butcher the doe. My 5y/o son and 9y/o duaghter watched but tdidnt want to help. I love those damn kids!

#5 ·
Nothing beats that feeling of sitting in that shooting house just hanging out and then all of a sudden, there he is. Everything goes super quiet while you're trying to get your kid all situated without making a noise. They get all lined up and then bang and the deer goes down. The excitement on your kids face is priceless. Then comes all the pics and then their hooked. My kids like deer jerky so for weeks after the hunt, that's all they want to eat and always wanting their friends to try some. Now I have a whole group of kids wanting to go get their first deer. Congrats. That's good stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.