Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

7-Point from Rocky Branch Hunt Club - Love huntin in the rain!

3K views 23 replies 22 participants last post by  jstblsd 
#1 ·
I was sitting in a ground blind where I have tons of buck pictures, including a Bachelor group of three 8-points still running together. Sat in the rain this afternoon, and started to get a little chilly. I realized my jacket was sitting right under a window, and the lining was wet, so I spent about 5 minutes getting my rain gear out, taking off the jacket and slipping on the rain gear, basically making all kinds of noise. When I got done, I looked out the window and thought I saw something move. Damn, there's a buck standing there looking at the blind about 60-70 yards away. Threw the scope up and counted three points on one side, and let the BAR bark. (I forgot my shooting sticks, so I had to shoot offhand). the buck crumpled and kicked for a few minutes, then went still.

As an aside, this is a testament to the shoot-through windows in modern ground blinds, the deer never saw me despite all the movement. I did learn, however, that you CAN shoot a rifle through those shoot-through windows, but only once!! The 30-06 blew an enormous hole in the shoot through cover, and pulled it off the hooks on three sides.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.