SHARKS Oh MY! Thanks to "Grillin or Chillin Time" - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > Spearfishing

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Gamefish25
Mingo

Default SHARKS Oh MY! Thanks to "Grillin or Chillin Time"

Not quite sure the name of the boat but I can't thank you enough for going down with me to recover my camera considering you just witnessed the fiasco with those three aggressive sharks following my partner and I all the way to the top. I think my dive buddy had to clean his wetsuit out and would not go back down with me. So glad you did and because of you, I now have my GoPro camera. I hope this note finds you as I would most definitely like to buy you and your lady a couple of beers!

The only way those sharks could have been that aggressive is that others must have been giving up their fish. I sure as hell was not giving up mine!!

I am starting to rethink if I should get a powerhead!!

Cheers and see ya out there again!!

Thanks again!!

P.S. If anyone knows who owns that boat, pls forward any info you have on them as I would really like to contact them.

Last edited by Gonzo; 09-30-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
Sailfish

I would love to see some footage! Did the camera drop before you could get some shark video?

Click for Spearfishing, Astrophotography, Timelapse, Diving, Fishing, Skiing, Warrior Dash videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jdbeach2...?sort=p&view=0

aquatic argobull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
Gamefish25
Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatic argobull View Post
I would love to see some footage! Did the camera drop before you could get some shark video?
No, unfortunately with all the commotion, it fell lens down into the sand. It would have been great footage if it came out. It was identical to another video posted a while back in which a diver hit an amberjack, tied it to the wreck and had to fight off two pesyy sharks. The difference was these boys were bigger. Three 6-7ft bullsharks.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
Snapper

i never go out looking to shoot a shark but having a powerhead on me makes me feel more comfortable down there. i usually only take 2 bullets. might have to start carrying more if the sharks are ganging up on us. 2 guys on my crew got hammered by four 6(ish)-footers on the russian freighter this weekend. if that happened to me, there would damn sure be 2 less sharks swimming around the gulf!
below me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #5
Grouper

Default sharks

hey gonzo glad you guys are ok i am the one that picked you 2 out of the water and took you to your boat, after you left a few more divers showed up and they were still down there, glad you made it up safe.
tljbabc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #6
stonecoldshooter
Sailfish

Below me... Once you pop one, the others usually (not always) haul ass. I had 4 on me at the Pete tide. One would not give up. On her 4th charge she wasn't playing. When I popped her, the other 3 disappeared.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #7
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltAddict View Post
Below me... Once you pop one, the others usually (not always) haul ass. I had 4 on me at the Pete tide. One would not give up. On her 4th charge she wasn't playing. When I popped her, the other 3 disappeared.
good to know. i hope i never have to use it. you think it's just the noise that scares them off or them witnessing your smoke their buddy?
below me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 12:29 AM   #8
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
It was identical to another video posted a while back in which a diver hit an amberjack, tied it to the wreck and had to fight off two pesyy sharks. The difference was these boys were bigger. Three 6-7ft bullsharks.
dang.

Click for Spearfishing, Astrophotography, Timelapse, Diving, Fishing, Skiing, Warrior Dash videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jdbeach2...?sort=p&view=0

aquatic argobull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #9
stonecoldshooter
Sailfish

They had an immediate reaction to the noise. I had a dead on brain shot. Not very much blood.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #10
Gamefish25
Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tljbabc View Post
hey gonzo glad you guys are ok i am the one that picked you 2 out of the water and took you to your boat, after you left a few more divers showed up and they were still down there, glad you made it up safe.
Thanks a lot! Much appreciated. Hope I see ya out there again, I will pass some beers onto you. You picked my buddy up and I swam back to my boat. He was most definitely freaked out. It's one thing to see them following you and circling closely but its completely another thing to see one of them coming up at you almost vertically with his mouth open, that's when I spun him around and he put out his speargun and he turned away

Last edited by Gonzo; 09-24-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.