Diving Pensacola beach reef this Saturday - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Scuba Forums > Spearfishing

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Diving Pensacola beach reef this Saturday

Just wanted to see if anyone else would be interested in going. I'd like to meet some new people and hopefully make some new dive buddies. Hopefully weather will be good and visibility wont be 5 ft like it has been.
AFMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

Also I posted in the spearfishing section as I plan on bringing my spear gun along and would really like to meet fellow spearos.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

What's the depth there? I'd be interested in going and could bring some other buddies, but we're just freedivers at the moment.
BigH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

The depth is about 12-15 feet and I've free dove it before. Your more than welcome to come and I'd love to meet more free divers as well, I actually do both so I don't mind switching it up.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

Default where is "beach reef "

I live just outside Eglin Afb (okaloosa co.) don't know where your talking about ,May be able to go ,if I don't get a call to spearfish this weekend .Do you have a kayak or surf board (windsurf boards make good dive boards )you can't take a speargun in a public beach BUT IF its on a yak or board till you get through the swimming area they won't give you a ticket.please send more info on this spot and i'll try to make it .
ocddeerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocddeerhunter View Post
I live just outside Eglin Afb (okaloosa co.) don't know where your talking about ,May be able to go ,if I don't get a call to spearfish this weekend .Do you have a kayak or surf board (windsurf boards make good dive boards )you can't take a speargun in a public beach BUT IF its on a yak or board till you get through the swimming area they won't give you a ticket.please send more info on this spot and i'll try to make it .
The reef is about two miles down the road from portfino on the Pensacola beach. It's also legal to bring your speargun as its not a "public" beach as it has no lifeguard on duty and there is an area to offload your gear and get it into the water. I've talked with plenty of Pensacola spearos and they all say that it's legal to spear there.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

Sounds good, I'll go
BigH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #8
Ruby Red Lip

If anyone would like to meet up before hand so I can lead you from navarre just let me know, we could meet at the Navarre pier or some place you know. If you know pensacola beach the reef is located at parking lot H.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #9
Ruby Red Lip

Looking at my financial situation I'll more than likely be free diving this trip as well. Hopefully next pay check I can finally afford to rent gear and go for a dive out there or maybe even fort Pickens.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:32 AM   #10
Cigar Minnow

I just dove there Saturday. Great dive and got to play with the new speargun. No big fish but still fun. I'd go if I was off. Good luck tho
CrazyPFD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.