Navarre Fishing Rodeo- VERY DISAPPOINTED!!! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Fishing Tournaments > Post-Tournament Discussions

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2015, 07:18 AM   #1
Grouper

Default Navarre Fishing Rodeo- VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

Ok since no one else has said it I guess I will. The Navarre Fishing Rodeo really sucked this year! It was the poorest run, disorganized tournament I have ever fished. This was the 3rd yr I fished it and it was nothing like the first two. I have never seen so many heads shaking and people getting pissed at an awards ceremony.

I caught a 7# spanish on Saturday and was pretty confident it would place so I entered it in the open division. I also weighed a 3.1# spanish on Sunday. Well when they get to spanish division they call out 1st place as a 10.1# spanish and then say my name as 2nd with a 3.1# spanish....so I tell them I had a 7# spanish and they have to stop the awards ceremony. That 10.1# spanish was actually a king!

So after 30 minutes they come back and start again. They call my name again for 1st place spanish at 3.1#! They still had not entered my fish in their spreadsheet! How can they add up offshore and inshore slams if they don't even have all the fish entered? I don't think my 7# spanish ever did get in the spreadsheet.

Apparently they handed out several prizes to the wrong people that I know of but I'm sure there were many more mistakes.

Also they were pretty much advertising you could buy a ticket for open division and another for kayak division on the pff so you could enter fish in both categories. Well they didn't even have a leader board and you have to declare which division you want each fish to be in when you weigh it. How are you supposed to know which one to enter without a leader board?

I think a big problem was no transparency at all. If they had a leader board at least the mistakes could be pointed out before awards are handed out to the wrong people. The lady handling the numbers should not of been appointed that job. I really hope they get their act together if there is a next yr. I know if I was a sponsor I would not want my name any where near that tournament!
Bowup likes this.

Last edited by Caddy Yakker; 10-06-2015 at 08:15 AM.
Caddy Yakker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2015, 07:35 AM   #2
Blue Marlin

My exact reply on your FB post so others can see it in hopes the tournament can go back to being ran by the guys who originally came up with the idea:

Quote:
LoL, its gone from an idea started in motion by local anglers to being run by a power tripping paper printer who owes me money (literally I paid $300+ for a service from her company that I never got). I wouldnt expect anything less.

850-810-2548

http://www.facebook.com/bitebackcharters/

www.bitebackfishingcharters.com
JD7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2015, 07:58 AM   #3
Trigger

I was thinking the same thing about the leader board. Allows everything to be sanity checked by every person looking at it.

Took forever as well, we left at 730 after the mysteryr fish announcement and got there at 3 to weigh in. Give away some of the prizes at the captains meeting so It does not take two hours handing out door prizes.
duckhunter38135 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 08:01 AM   #4
Trigger

Ouch... that kinda makes me glad I didn't rearrange my schedule to go. The PRFA rodeo was much better organized, and the awards/leaderboard were handled perfectly as far as I could tell.
Stressless likes this.
hxchip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2015, 08:02 AM   #5
White Marlin

Don't believe I have ever fished a tournament with no leader board.....
cody&ryand is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2015, 08:47 AM   #6
Grand Slam

I would encourage you and other participants to contact the organizers of the event and call for a meeting to discuss the challenges encountered and present solutions.
It sounds like it should be a relatively easy fix.

the squeaky wheel gets the grease.............
NKlamerus likes this.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:53 AM   #7
Blue Marlin

were you there during the Capt. meeting. Capt. John asked one simple question. ( the only question asked at the meeting ) the question was this;

if you win the inshore slam, can you still win in the open? the answer was NO... fair enough...

But at the weigh in it was the opposite. like you said they finally fixed the situation but it wasn't until after they started handing out prizes and John said something about it.

all in all I thought it was a good turn out. By that I mean the folks who participated were all friendly and seemed to enjoy themselves. I had a great 2 days of fishing and caught a lot of fish ; that's what its all about ***

Although if there was some big money on the line --- yah these guys need a larger rule book, a leader board, and tighten up on the Organization as far as weights and divs.

I laughed when I heard someone caught a 10lb Spanish, first thought lets see that lateral line hahahaha
Old 10-06-2015, 08:54 AM   #8
Splittine's step-pappy
Grand Slam

Who runs this tournament? From my understanding it's not ran by fishermen, or anyone in the industry... I also heard that when the tournament director was approached by a local tackle store to help with the event, they were very firmly told no...

Personally, I think it's hilarious that it failed. You get offered help by someone who knows what the hell they're doing, and you tell them to kick rocks... well, you brought this on your self, Chip.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:56 AM   #9
Ruby Red Lip

You got it total blind leading blind it is amazing to me that there was no leader board seemed to me that there was a pre determined notion that the prizes were already pre-determined who they were given out too..the scale system sucked and further more it was total mind blowing that there was no provisions for anyone who brought a fish in by boat i had to beach to weigh in??????? Never in my life have i seen so many people who know nothing about fishing or how to run a tournament holding one. The kids awards were also cheesey a $2.00 trophy? Seemed to me that the chamber only wanted to lube juanas pocket by having everyone buy their over priced drinks!!! And the so called tournament was a by product. The blind leading the blind. Helen keller could have done a better job!!!!!! Dont think ill do this one again unless some very big changes are made.. And that sucks beacuse i try to support local events as much as possible.
ANGELEYES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2015, 10:30 AM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

Oh and by the way after awards people were seen walking to cars with multiple yeti boxes?
ANGELEYES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.