PERDIDO RIVER BOAT LAUNCHES - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Fresh and Brackish Water > Fresh and Brackish - General Q & A

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
Mingo

Default PERDIDO RIVER BOAT LAUNCHES

COMING FROM MILTON, WHERE'S THE NEAREST PERDIDO RIVER BOAT LAUNCH? DO YOU NEED BOTH FL. AND AL. LICENSES? OR JUST ONE OR THE OTHER? THANKS....
fishallyear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2010, 05:18 AM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

Default RE: PERDIDO RIVER BOAT LAUNCHES

I would all so like to know of boat ramps. Only one I know of is Ruby's. Are there anymore.
Boo Boo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2010, 04:08 AM   #3
Valued Member
Blue Marlin

right across the street from the weigh station, follow the signs, half a mile from rubys
CatHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2010, 04:32 AM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Is that Hurst Hammock? Someone was telling me today that there is only two, one called Hurst and Rubys
Old 06-22-2010, 04:37 AM   #5
Grouper

The one across from the way station is in the Perdido River Water Managment Area. On the right hand side of the road headed west. If I'm not mistaken Hurst Hammock is closed, someone bought the property and closed the launch. Correct me if I'm wrong.
GENTLE WOLF is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2010, 05:03 AM   #6
Trigger

Quote:
GENTLE WOLF (22/06/2010)The one across from the way station is in the Perdido River Water Managment Area. On the right hand side of the road headed west. If I'm not mistaken Hurst Hammock is closed, someone bought the property and closed the launch. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Correct...Hurst Hammock has been closed for a few years now.
Kamo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2010, 05:16 AM   #7
Mingo

thanks for the info! Ron
fishallyear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2010, 01:53 PM   #8
Trigger

The WMA ramp, Sand Landing, is small and a bit steep. I launched my 175 BassTracker there with little problem but wouldn't recommend anything much larger use it. The gravel road leading to itis subject to pot holes and ruts as well. It is best suited for stumpknocker style boats, if there is such a style.

There is a nice ramp in Seminole, Alabama which is about a ten minute drive past Ruby's. It is free. It puts you out about a half a mile south of where Styx meets Perdido.

Hurst is indeed closed.

A Florida license is required for fishingin Florida waters, possessing caughtfish in Florida watersand if landing a fish in Florida. The same rules apply in Alabama, just substitute the word Alabama for Florida. So if you have a Florida license and launch at Seminole and catch a fish in Florida and return toAlabama waterswith it, you are in violation if you don't have an Alabama license. There is an imaginary line that runs down the middle of the river that separates the two states. It is almost impossible to remain in one state as one traverses the river. It seems that the Alabama side always lures me over with great offshoots(oxbows, creeks,etc...).I am not sure as to how strictly the laws are enforced, therefore I would suggest obtaining both states' licences. I would also suggest that you have both salt and fresh if you are fishing the lower Perdidoand are planning on keeping salt species found there.

I may have all of this completely wrong. If I were you,I wouldn't believe half of whatI just wrote and Iwould highly discount the remainder!

Rick
Coco Solo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2010, 04:52 AM   #9
Ruby Red Lip

Thats just awful that there is only one that can be used, and it is not that great, there is really no parking unless you beat the bars customer there, and the ramp it self is in bad shape don't back to far because the ramp ends and just drops off.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

....since the sand landings got nice new signage why would the 10hp restriction not be posted...my 1648 jon 25hp would certainly launch with ease from sand landing...the restriction is also not in the area brochure either???
phishermansdead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.