Trolling Spur 6/26 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Blue Water Fishing > Blue Water Reports

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
Grouper

Default Trolling Spur 6/26

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">After studying the satellite images and determining that our best chance of any blue water was to head south of the spur we left out Friday morning with modest hopes. (We was me and friend Herbert) Arrived at spur and started trolling south. Water was dingy gray. Never found any color change but did find a pretty good rip that was forming up N/South about 15 miles south of spur. Easy to see with lots of foam and some trash. Had high hopes, but nada. Herbert and I made the comment thru the day that with offshore fishing it is as much the journey as the catching and we had great time on the water even though we only caught one Wahoo that hit a small Islander/ballyhoo out in the middle of nowhere. I continued to use my new autopilot that replaced my worn out AP and continued to be amazed at the AP. Ran over 200 miles in the day and basically never touched the wheel unless it was to follow a section of the rip! Fished til dark then ran in to be under bridge just after 9PM. Great day on the water.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">Still can't figure out how to correctly post pics!<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">&lt;img src="http://www.forumpictureprocessor.com...s/P6250147.jpg"&gt;<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">Herbie and the Hoo
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">&lt;img src="http://www.forumpictureprocessor.com...s/P6260157.jpg"&gt;<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">We troll with seven lines, three on a side and a way back shotgun<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">&lt;img src="http://www.forumpictureprocessor.com...s/P6260165.jpg"&gt;<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">Rip forming up<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">&lt;img src="http://www.forumpictureprocessor.com...s/P6260171.jpg"&gt;
Sunset 50 miles offshore, Life if good<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">If you are really bored and want to see the boat running under AP, here is a 2 min video<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">MScontender
2010 24 Hurricane Deck Boat
2001 Contender 25 (sold)
MSViking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #2
White Marlin

Default RE: Trolling Spur 6/26

thanks for the report......yea the water really sucks out there right now.....
bluffman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
Grouper

These pics make me miss the problem child. Nice day on the water and you didn't get skunked. Thanks for the report.
daddytime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
OCD Reel Service/Repair
White Marlin

Speaking of autopilots I have the Garmin Gladiator TR-1 and it is wonderful. Like you said you can run all day and never touch the wheel when you are offshore.

"Wheelchair Accessible Fishing"
Ocean Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #5
Mingo

We arrived at the Spur a little later in the morning and trolled that same foamy line for about 4 hours. Caught one cow dolphin, about 25lbs. We did see a small school of blackfin busting about 15 miles South of the Spur. We picked up lines around 330PM and hauled butt back to perdido pass. Nothing but barren seas and ugly water from Elbow to Spur to Nipple. No sign of life whatsoever, no rips, no weeds, nada!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.