Navarre Pier - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Piers and Bridges > Piers and Bridges - Reports

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Navarre Pier

Went out to the Navarre Pier for a couple hours this evening before this weather moves in. The deck was littered with Spanish. Mostly being caught on Gotcha (silver more than Gold) and large sabiki type rigs. I couldnt manage to get one up, but lost several including two gotcha lures despite 50# flurocarbon leaders... Rumor has it a couple Cobia were landed, but I did't see any action from 430-6pm.
afcopper15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
Wicked Awesome
Sailfish

I hope you didn't take any pictures of Blake while you were out there. Lol. J/K

MKOtte2282@yahoo.com

MKOCockrells@aol.com

"If you have the opportunity in life to make things better, and you don't, you're wasting your time on Earth." R. Clemente, Sr.

"The only goal you can not accomplish is the one you do not pursue." Unknown
OTTE*DA*WORM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by otte*da*worm View Post
i hope you didn't take any pictures of blake while you were out there. Lol. J/k
bawhahaha like this????

Navarre Pier-image-3317214516-jpg
marmidor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmidor View Post
bawhahaha like this????

Attachment 77384
That's pretty damn funny, Blake will be the blunt of all upcoming Navarre pier jokes.
Illinijeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #5
Geaux Tigers!
Grouper

x2 Cant wait to get some cardstock so I can make my blake mask. I might have to use that pic...
startzc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #6
Trigger

I was on Navarre Pier all day yesterday. Didn't see Blake but I wasn't lookin for him either. I stay in the pompano fishin area closer to the beach. I did see at least three cobia caught right in on the sandbar (or whats left of it). Lots of spanish were caught along with a fair share of pompano. One huge tarpon came down the bar as well.
A tourist caught a big ray and one of the locals was trying to help him get it unhooked after bringing it over the rail.
The ray flopped around on the deck and barbed the local kid right above the knee. They hauled him off to the doctor with that thing sticking out of his leg bout 1/2".
Hope he is doin alright.
bowdiddly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #7
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdiddly View Post

A tourist caught a big ray and one of the locals was trying to help him get it unhooked after bringing it over the rail.
The ray flopped around on the deck and barbed the local kid right above the knee. They hauled him off to the doctor with that thing sticking out of his leg bout 1/2".
Hope he is doin alright.
wow..hate to hear that , hope he is ok.
Fishermon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #8
The Tourist
Sailfish

i was there too. seemed the silver ones produced more. i only had green with red head and a pink with black spots. the pink was on fire. had them swarming almost every cast but only managed 2 in about 2 hours. plus a guy gave me his 40lb sting ray.
lowprofile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #9
The Tourist
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdiddly View Post
I was on Navarre Pier all day yesterday. Didn't see Blake but I wasn't lookin for him either. I stay in the pompano fishin area closer to the beach. I did see at least three cobia caught right in on the sandbar (or whats left of it). Lots of spanish were caught along with a fair share of pompano. One huge tarpon came down the bar as well.
Hope he is doin alright.
he's fine. the ray i mentioned above became a topic of conversation at the wash station and his dad was there. He had the barb in a baggie and showed it off. said the kid was fine.

just an FYI, heat subsides the pain and neutralizes the venom. Cold DOES NOT! if you get stung run the area under as hot of water as you can stand until the pain goes away then clean it up with alcohol and/or peroxide. those big hand warmers come in handy as well and i always have a couple in the car just because i used to catch a bunch in California.
lowprofile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

Thanks for the info on treating the ray sting with heat. Don't plan on letting one stick me but you never know.
j.moulder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.