Wayside Pier Park leaving now - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Piers and Bridges > Piers and Bridges - General Q & A

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Wayside Pier Park leaving now

I am headed down to teh Three Mile Bridge now. I will stay until sometime tomorrow.

Hope to see some of you out there.

Phone: 334-403-0576

Black Dodge Dakota with Fleming Farms Hunting Club Sticker in rear window.
hunterclaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
Cigar Minnow

What fish are you going after? I was there last night and didn't have much luck, but did see some people with a cooler full of small Spanish.
hsk3502 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
Snapper

I was there today.I didn't pay any attention to any vehicles but wish I had met up. I caught a couple of mullet for bait first thing this morning,10:00 or so but didn't want to be greedy and catch more than I could keep alive. Big mistake to leave my air pump at home. I had one about 8 inches long, still alive on the hook, when something bent my rod over big time and within 2 seconds, it was gone. reeled it in and hook and all was gone with the line kinda shredded. I had been warned to use wire leaders and next time I will. I'm gonna get a few spares too. One thing I did right was to have a leash one my rods. I'm gonna go again next week but I have to figure out which day to try. My days with free time are Mon., Wed., and Fri starting at 9:00 earliest and have to be home by 4:00 on Mon. and Wed. but can play a couple of hours longer on Fri. Another thing. I have to catch my bait fish early or I can't see them in the water to throw the net at or I would have just caught more bait and stayed out there a lot longer.
I was driving an old blue GMC van with the high top conversion if you saw me.
DTFuqua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsk3502 View Post
What fish are you going after? I was there last night and didn't have much luck, but did see some people with a cooler full of small Spanish.

I dont ever particularly target any one kind of fish.

I get some live shrimp, and catch some live bait.

I use live bait as much as possible.
hunterclaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFuqua View Post
I was there today.I didn't pay any attention to any vehicles but wish I had met up. I caught a couple of mullet for bait first thing this morning,10:00 or so but didn't want to be greedy and catch more than I could keep alive. Big mistake to leave my air pump at home. I had one about 8 inches long, still alive on the hook, when something bent my rod over big time and within 2 seconds, it was gone. reeled it in and hook and all was gone with the line kinda shredded. I had been warned to use wire leaders and next time I will. I'm gonna get a few spares too. One thing I did right was to have a leash one my rods. I'm gonna go again next week but I have to figure out which day to try. My days with free time are Mon., Wed., and Fri starting at 9:00 earliest and have to be home by 4:00 on Mon. and Wed. but can play a couple of hours longer on Fri. Another thing. I have to catch my bait fish early or I can't see them in the water to throw the net at or I would have just caught more bait and stayed out there a lot longer.
I was driving an old blue GMC van with the high top conversion if you saw me.
How do you catch those mullets? Which hooks, baits or depth of water? I have seen them swimming around in large numbers but never hooked one. I heard that they are good baits and edible too if fresh.
Youngp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #6
Snapper

I used a cast net. I'm just now learning to catch fish with a rod and reel. I used to do alright with a gill net before they made everyone quit using them and am just now getting around to trying a cast net again. Used one for a short while years ago but not enough to get very good at throwing it. When I hooked these as bait, I used about 6 feet of line and leader below a bobber.
DTFuqua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.