fishing bridge at wayside park - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Piers and Bridges > Piers and Bridges - General Q & A

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 04:29 AM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default fishing bridge at wayside park

Is the fishing bridge doing anything was going to try my luck sat night was wondering if anyone has done any good b etween the hours of 11pm untill daylight this isusually when i fish because I work grave shift and am usually sleeping during the day also I am trying to learn the best way to rig for fishing the bridge at night but need some info on what I should be fishing for in this time fram and how to rig for them. Ant suggestions would help thanks
mattnlucy1809 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
Grouper

There are ALOT of reds around there, we fish at night ALOT. That time-frame should be very productive. I would fish at least one pole with a lure, and one pole on the bottom with a carolina rig and cut mullet for bait.
BIGRIGZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
Snapper

What way side park
DTFuqua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2012, 03:13 AM   #4
Cigar Minnow

Default way side park bridge

Im talking about the fishing bridge right after you go under the graffiti bridge on the left is called wayside park but really its just the new fishing bridge they built its also not as long as the orginal bridge.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:27 AM   #5
Cigar Minnow

Default help please..lures and bait to use at night

What lures do you suggest I use off the bridge and how do I fish the lures I have only fished the bottom off the bridge at night, can I catch sheepies ther at night or should I just be focusing on the reds also I know the sailcats were terible last year any change in this year on the bridge and are the whit trout biting at night and if so what are they bitting on and how should I rig up for them my wife likes to catch the white trout me I want a fight I caught just a few bull reds last year off the end of the bridge other than that a few sharks here and there but I want to be more prodictive this year and bring home more fish than the money I spen on tackle and wasted ice because 9 times out of 10 I am sitting there all night with no luck at all also can anyone give me any pointers on the best places to fish on the bridge I know you have to fight the crowds even late at night to get to the end and thats the only spot i caught the reds last year I know its alot of questions but again I caint learn if I do not ask ty you so much in advance for taking time out to help me out.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #6
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnlucy1809 View Post
Im talking about the fishing bridge right after you go under the graffiti bridge on the left is called wayside park but really its just the new fishing bridge they built its also not as long as the orginal bridge.
Thank you.
DTFuqua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #7
Fabricator
Snapper

One suggestion is to get some green glow sticks (either the 3" or 6" stick), and tie it at the end of your leader with a loop knot just above the loop knot used to attach your weight (bank sinker) using a 2-hook rig with twisted dropper loops.

Or, just a single twisted dropper loop if only wanting to use one hook. Lights attract bait which attracts predators, so it should work. Only way to know is to give it a try.
Starlifter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.