Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Girls rule, boys suck again! 11/11 Vday

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  jcasey 
#1 ·
Morning all,
Just wanted to report our veteran's day get away. Started out a little late, left my buddy's house around 7 with the wives and my daughter in tow. Fishing on the Lori K, we drugged the boat over to Sherman's cove for a quick launch towards the south east. Made bait at the Mass, plenty of pinfish and hard tails. The plan was to stay in state waters and not make a long day of it, didn't wont to piss off the wives. Weather and seas were just right, 1-2, slack current and hardly no wind. Got out around 8 miles dropping on several spot with not much action. Small AJ's and porgies. Moved again and Lori gets two nice ARS on two drops! :D
Moved several more times and bam, the screen just lit up! :thumbup: I'm talking curved returns on the screen at multiple depths. Jan yells, "something real nice on the screen" and within a couple of seconds, both wives line went off, fish on! While the misses is fighting her fish, I miss a strike on a jig, she told me to "go sit down and I'll show you how to hook them later". :( So I did. She brings up a 35lb AJ on a knocker rig while dropping to the bottom. Jan's wife is still fighting her, she's on a spinning rig and not making ground to quickly. After 30 minutes, it's another healthy AJ. Jan goes over to gaff this thing and almost loses it. Lori yells "can I get a better deckhand". I tell Jan, "man we're not representing well at all" :( This is how the rest of the day went, guys are catching all the small crap and the ladies are schooling us just like in high school! :mad:
At one point, all three ladies are tight lined and we are left to man the deck. :notworthy:
All in all, great day on the Lori K, safe ride to port and a very happy crew! :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy the pics and video

Attachments

See less See more
1 5
#2 ·
If you take those heads off them AJ's and put em on the smoker, you'd be shocked to see how much meat there is in them jokers!!! Put em on a smoker mouth up and smoke em!!! Good job on (I believe) the best eater in the sea!!!!

#7 ·
Thanks for having us aboard Capt, another great day on the water!
And I think you were right, finally the Cahn's that can catch fish. :( lmao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.