cobia fishing charter or guide - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Offshore Fishing > Offshore Fishing - General Q & A

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
Trigger

Default cobia fishing charter or guide

looking for a reasonable Cobia fishing charter or guide...out of Destin.. we have a 40 man fishing club... flexible schedule... week days possible ( when the pros are not tournament fishing )
younghooker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
Trigger

I cobia fish out of Destin everyday I can get out the pass during April. I'm a charter boat and I also commercial fish them. Let me know when you want to go. Email me at Billfishintimecg@gmail.com
billfishintimecg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

I also cobia fish out of Destin. I am a charter capt. and I run out of harborwalk marina. I run guide trips and also charters on my 22ftcape horn. I work alongside several other capts. in the area if there would ever be a need for multiple boats. My charter name is Fro-dogg charters. A few of the boats I work with include Backcountry outfitters, Destinbaycharters, On the bite, Dawn Patrol, Lil Lucky, slayride, First Shot, Rodeo..in case you are familiar with these guys. If I can help pm me or email captjeffelder@yahoo.com
captjeffelder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
Trigger

+1 for billfishintime capt curt always stuffin the dock with monsters!
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

Cant tell by photo billfishintime but your boat isnt the onlyway is it. Just curious if so I see you all the time at the docks. Just curious. best of luck
captjeffelder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #6
Trigger

Yeah that's Capt Curt's boat, Only Way.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2011, 08:53 AM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

Cobia can be caught by spinning, plug casting, bottom fishing and by trolling. Equipment for spinning and plug casting should be a medium to medium heavy rod and reel with 12# to 20# line. Try to cast your lures in front of moving fish so that the lure is reeled across the Cobia’s path. Brightly colored bucktail jigs and noisy sinking or diving plugs are popular choices. Equipment for trolling or bottom fishing from boat, bridge or pier would be a medium heavy rod and reel with 20#- to 30# line with a 2-4oz egg sinker on the line above the swivel, 3 feet of 40#-50# shock leader with a 4/0 to 7/0 hook. Use live grunts, eels, pinfish, bluerunners or crabs as bait.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.