Stainless Steel Flounder Gigs - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Flounder Gigging

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Stainless Steel Flounder Gigs

Was wondering if anyone new anyone that builds these around the Defuniak - Crestview area.
Capt. Mickey Locke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
Cigar Minnow

Default RE: Stainless Steel Flounder Gigs

I build stainless steel gigs that I use on flounder and red horse both. These gigs come with a money back guarantee.

Please call me (850)537-3682/Baker. Can set up an appointment to meet. Its red horse season, ya know.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2009, 03:11 AM   #3
Sailfish

Default RE: Stainless Steel Flounder Gigs

Quote:
crazyhorse (3/10/2009)I build stainless steel gigs that I use on flounder and red horse both. These gigs come with a money back guarantee.

Please call me (850)537-3682/Baker. Can set up an appointment to meet. Its red horse season, ya know.
Is there anyway that you might could post some pics of the ones you build on here?

Nevermind I looked back and found some of the pics you already posted.:doh

www.litethenitecharters.com
Five Prongs Of Fury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
Mingo

Just happen to run across this post from 2009, well its kind of late but reading about someone in DeFuniak Springs area making gigs well "Cosson Gigs" have been making them in DeFuniak for over 20 & years and we can custom build the gig and the attachment to the handle of your preference, 3/8" stud, tapered cone, Stainless Steel gigs or Titanium alloy, can also put hardened tips to withstand rough gigging conditions, check out my pictures here on the forum or contact me by e-mail jacosalaqua79@yahoo.com.
Cosson-Gigs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosson-Gigs View Post
Just happen to run across this post from 2009, well its kind of late but reading about someone in DeFuniak Springs area making gigs well "Cosson Gigs" have been making them in DeFuniak for over 20 & years and we can custom build the gig and the attachment to the handle of your preference, 3/8" stud, tapered cone, Stainless Steel gigs or Titanium alloy, can also put hardened tips to withstand rough gigging conditions, check out my pictures here on the forum or contact me by e-mail jacosalaqua79@yahoo.com.
Jim makes the best gigs I have ever seen. I'm the proud owner of 2 of them. And he stands behind his work. Great guy! And a pretty good bbq cook also!
halo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #6
TRG
Mingo

Seen some nice stainless all thread ones at Line Casters (think that's the name) Dogwood in Milton they had a 3 and 5 prong. They should post some pics of them on here.
TRG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
Mingo

I also can make all thread gigs, but by reading on this forum looks like Choppedliver makes a pretty awesome all thread gig, but if you are looking for the barbed gigs, look me up, most guys that are disappointed with barbed gigs is because of poorly made barbed gigs, ours are custom made with large turned out barbs guaranteed to hold and also to penetrate the fish with much more ease, especially in soft bottom gigging conditions. Everyone has their own preference, the main thing is to get them in the boat fer supper !
Cosson-Gigs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
Trigger

I like stainless, but love titanium. Had a trip last night where the 3#er was on the concrete boat ramp in the water. (crap) Any of us could make that shot carefully, without damaging the gig head, but someone who has never gigged a flounder sticks em with unbelievable force. This fella hit the fish so hard, his hands were tingling. I didnt say a word, just whimpered inside. When they left the dock, I went and checked the tips. No beading up. They were perfect. This type of gig may be overkill for some, but I like em. Cosson gigs. Best Ive used

Last edited by Night Shift; 03-15-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Night Shift is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.