NorthWest Fla 6/24 and 6/25 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Flounder Gigging

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
bbb
Mingo

Default NorthWest Fla 6/24 and 6/25

Friday night I took a buddy, his son and his sons friend out to a new spot. We were in a new area as we had a snapper trip planned the next morning. I scouted the spot using Google Earth and thought I had it figured out. Ran 4 miles in the dark to the first spot. When I turned the lights on, it was chocolate milk all around us. Couldn't see the head of the trolling motor in the water. After 30 minutes of trying to make this spot happen, we pulled up and ran another mile. As we approached the bank we saw a small spot of clear water and the first fish of the night was laying in it. We worked our way down this shoreline getting a fish every now and then when there was a clear spot. We had about 8 fish in the boat after 2 hours and decided to try a spot close to the ramp. This was a good call. The water was still dirty, but the oyster bars had several small spots of clear water and we put 10 more fish in the boat over the next hour. We hit the ramp at 1:30 with 18 fish, the largest going 22".

Saturday night was a make up trip for another buddy. We got rained out on our last trip, and only put 6 in the boat. This time we were gonna try a new spot again over by his beach house. But the wind was blowing 10-15 and it was choppy. Made the call to drive to another spot I gig some, sure to find clearer water and less chop. After a 50 minute drive, we launch for the second time and the water is clearer and calmer. 3-4 ft visibility with a slight ripple. Started at 9pm. At 9:31 we have 4 fish. At 9:56 we have 7. At 10:46 we have 16 and then we hit a wall. Took an hour to find the last 4 fish, passing up on a couple 14" fish. At 11:51 we stick our 20th fish and head to the ramp. This was by far my best catch of my 4 yr career. 1 fish at 21". 2 fish at 20". Several 18-19" fish. 2 smallest fish were 16".

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
Snapper

I need to Google Earth. Nice job.
overkill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
Mingo

Default Awsome

Nice haul! got some bigns!!
banjovie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.