Coleman Propane Lantern/Spotlight for Gigging - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Flounder Gigging

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Coleman Propane Lantern/Spotlight for Gigging

I am considering buying one of the coleman spotlights that are run on the small propane tanks for gigging. Does anyone know about how long it will last before having to switch to a new bottle? I need to decide how many to buy. Thanks for the help.
Juschill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: Coleman Propane Lantern/Spotlight for Gigging

I'm guessing 5 to 7 hrs.
saltfisher1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
Cigar Minnow

I use a propane lantern for floundering and get around 3 hours of use per propane bottle. By the end of 3 hours I've had enough walking and there is very little fuel left in the bottle. I 'm assuming you are looking at one of the used Coleman lights as I did not think Coleman makes them any more. The old Coleman lights might burn more fuel but the new laterns I've seen by other manufacturers will give you roughly 3 hrs. light.

If you have found a source for new Coleman lights would you share it with the board? The Coleman lights of the past held up much better than lanterns now available.
aladave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
Grouper

Brunson Net & Supply in Foley has some floundering lights....Are these the ones your talking about?

http://www.brunsonnet.com/index.cfm?...category_id=57look under traps and accessories then scroll down
Old 06-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
Mingo

Quote:
saltfisher1 (6/6/2009)Brunson Net & Supply in Foley has some floundering lights....Are these the ones your talking about?

http://www.brunsonnet.com/index.cfm?...category_id=57look under traps and accessories then scroll down

I used to make that light. I sold the business a couple of years ago. Floundering the propane would last about 4 hours. When used for tracking deer (not turned to max), It would go about 6 hours.
flrockytop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
Grouper

The business is still out on 98 west right?...I hope so...I want a cast net this year.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #7
Cigar Minnow

Thanks for the link to Brunson Net & Supply. I wore my propane light out last summer and need to get a new one. I see that they have a liquid fuel light and wonder if it is brighter than the propane. I'll call them tomorrow and find out. Cheers.
aladave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2009, 08:44 AM   #8
Snapper

Is this what you're looking for?

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl1_lblFullMessage>Cost $50+. I'll let it go for $40 with one new gas bottle. Works great just don't need it. I used it one time.Send pm.

onemorecast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2009, 01:04 PM   #9
Grouper

Quote:
aladave (6/8/2009)Thanks for the link to Brunson Net &amp; Supply. I wore my propane light out last summer and need to get a new one. I see that they have a liquid fuel light and wonder if it is brighter than the propane. I'll call them tomorrow and find out. Cheers.
Let me know if theyre still in business.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:34 PM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

Thanks for the advice. I did find the lights just like the one posted on here and they are made by Brunson Supply. I got it from Academy. It took forever to findit, they're to the right of the gun counter under the nets and gigs. It was $49.88. Used it the other night shark fishing for about 4 hours on low power and it still feels about 1/4 full. All stainless, I'd say a good investment. Pick up some mantles though while you're there, the 2 it comes with didn't work right for me. Bottles are only $2.29.
Juschill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.