Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Too many SHARKS

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  AndyS 
#1 ·
Rode the boat out to Ft.Mcree this morning to go surf fish. We were using shrimp and sand fleas... kept catching small sharks on the shrimp. ...While I was walking back to the shore after wading out to get a good cast, my friend started yelling at me and then I saw what she was yelling about...had to be a 7 foot shark 10 yards from me headed my way...you ain't never seen a guy get out of the water so fast...we noticed there were 2 of them cruising around 20 yards off the shoreline. ...probably why we found no pompanos...So I put on some of the red meat strip I cut off sheapshead filets and layed down under my umbrella to rest...fell asleep and woke up to my reel screaming. ..i never stopped the drag...He spooled off about 300 yards and the last i saw of him and the line was a jump out past the sandbar......loaded up and went over to the pass and caught 5 or 6 sheapshead but just let them go....had a great day...worn smack out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.