Redfish at Fort Pickens 4/12/2012 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Surf Fishing Reports

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Redfish at Fort Pickens 4/12/2012

Headed out to the beach at around 3:30pm and set up my poles. Didn't catch anything for 3 hours. I was surf fishing with sandfleas, hoping to catch some pompano.

I started to pack up my stuff and reeled in one of my lines to start to head home, when I saw my other pole suddenly start to bow over. I run over and set the hook and I knew right away it was a redfish. I fought it for maybe five seconds when my only other pole still out in the water bows over too. I set the hook on that one and pulled it in first as it was heavier tackle and then when back and took my time fighting with the other pole that had lighter tackle.

Didn't get a single bite for three hours and then within a matter of 5 minutes I had two redfish on the beach. The larger one was just a hair oversized (one of those ones thats so close it breaks your heart), so I released it, but I still had a nice redfish to bring home.

It was a great fight, especially on the lighter tackle that had just 8 lb test line on it. By the end my adrenaline was pumping and I was psyched.

alliefox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
Grouper

nice reds. sucks one was oversized but they were some nice thick fish.
chicon monster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
fort pickens, red drum, redfish

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.