Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Pompano Landed on 8/1...

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  fishin for pompanos 
#1 ·
When we walked out to the beach this morning... saw the water ... absolutely beautiful! No signs of any grass or slime anywhere in the water. Lines baited up and in the water by 8:20 (with an absence of sand fleas ... and none to be found). Proved to be a busy day! Right off the bat got a hard head and a blue runner. Blue runner was a good sign. Got us a nice 15" pompano just a few minutes later! Rest of the day was pretty constant with more blue runners, hard heads, a couple of small oyster fish, a remora, and last fish on the line was a really big lady fish. It had me fooled. Thought I had another pompano. Ratio of hard heads to pomps got a little too high and so we packed it in after 1 or so. Finished the day with 1 pompano, 1 lady fish, 5 blue runners, 1 remora, 2 oyster fish, and over 25 catfish (really just stopped counting, probably more). Great day! Thanks JC.

Beach Umbrella Sea Vacation Ocean

Body of water Sea Beach Ocean Shore

Body of water Sea Shore Wave Ocean

Fish Fish

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah the water looked perfect for pompano. Just two days ago the sludge was thick around here, but today it was damn clean with some real nice breaking waves which the pomps love to cruise behind. Too bad I had to be back by 8 or I would have set some spikes. Glad to see somebody got a nice one!

What beach were you fishing? For some reason I get hardly any cats anymore here on my stretch of PCB. Usually ladies, blue runners, pins, and small rays between the really desirable stuff.

The quill pen is a nice touch!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.