Ft Pickens 4/25 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Ft Pickens 4/25

Headed out there late, hit the sand around 9ish. Walked down past the jetties and casted the little cove area there to get a break from the wind. Not much action on the live shrimp for a while but the finally got into something big (red i assume) but my knot didnt hold on my new braided line ;( apparently I need to learn new tie for that, never used it before. About 5 min later, a guy about 50 yrds down from us (towards the point) got a nice red fish ~30lbs onto the beach... uggh! After the pier cleared out went out on it and nothing but catfish after catfish the rest of the night.. Anyways moon was bright and it was relaxing none the less.. wish I could of caught my first red fish!
TurboDr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
Snapper

Default RE: Ft Pickens 4/25

<span style="font-weight: bold;">If your using Braid Line you need to use this knot. <span style="font-weight: bold;">It is one of the strongest knots you can tie and its pretty easy to do. But if your going to make up a leader be sure to tie your leader first before you attach it to your fishing pole. Good Luck hope this helps.<br style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">http://www.steelheader.net/knots/polamar_knot.htm

Low Cost Pensacola Computer Repair By Brandon
Free Diagnostics
pctech4u01@yahoo.com
850-384-8863 or 850-384-TUNE
http://computerrepairspensacola.com/

Pensacola Charter Fishing X
By Capt. Jim Olson
850-554-1483
capt.jimolson@yahoo.com
http://www.pensacolacharterfishingx.com/

Reel Sick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2010, 02:31 AM   #3
Cigar Minnow

Using Spiderwire, I tie a "double" Palomare knot. It uses a double overhand instead of single. I then wet the knot and grab the hook with pliers to tighten, as the knot will resist going tight with the extra wrap. A great strong knot for braid. I use Gamikatsu HD, heavy duty bait hooks to prevent those embarassing hook-failure incidenta.
Pepperoni is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2010, 07:58 AM   #4
Cigar Minnow

Hey guys thanks for response, will practice those. A buddy of mine showed me a variation of what I was tying and it seems to work as well.
TurboDr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.