7/15 with Justin Hinote of Relentless Pursuit Charters - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Reports

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 01:01 AM   #1
Grouper

Default 7/15 with Justin Hinote of Relentless Pursuit Charters

I had a 12yo cousin in town with his father so my dad, cousin, uncle and I went out with Captain Justin Hinote of Relentless Pursuit Charters for a few hours this morning. Having only caught a few trout and bluefish in NC, my cousin could hardly contain himself. As always Justin was ready to go when we got to the dock. The chop in the bay was unpleasant but we were loaded up with menhaden in no time.

We arrived at the first spot in the bay hoping for snapper and Justin baited up the poles, put the bait over just enough to float and began to reposition the boat a little. Justin noticed something eyeing the bait and flicked one over to it thinking it might be a little shark, something fun for my cousin. Ten minutes later my cousin is exhausted and Justin has bear hugged a 38 inch cobia into the boat.

Drifting the pass produced two ~10lb snapper, a smaller ~6lb snapper, and huge smiles all around. Drag screamed as my uncle's face contorted with one of the classic "this fish may take me overboard" looks before turning into yet another huge grin. A ~25lb king joined the party in the fish bag.

Eventually the swells started taking their toll on everyone and we moved back into the bay. A tour of bay snapper spots produced only a barely 16" snapper but did provide the highlight of the trip for my cousin (the cobia was a close second) as flipper came up to the boat and played for a good ten minutes.

If you haven't been out with Justin, I can't speak highly enough of him or his fishing. Both are always a blast. My uncle enjoyed it so much he's trying to book another trip while he's here with Justin.
Attached Thumbnails
7/15 with Justin Hinote of Relentless Pursuit Charters-178355_10101161716747171_1098316143_o-jpg   7/15 with Justin Hinote of Relentless Pursuit Charters-202361_10101161713693291_1816344405_o-jpg   7/15 with Justin Hinote of Relentless Pursuit Charters-469341_10101161737066451_1679446059_o-jpg  
tkh329 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2012, 05:09 AM   #2
Trigger

great mixed bag.
Longbow14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 05:31 AM   #3
Snapper

Great report. Love to see people having a good time, usually one good saltwater trip hooks people for life in my opinion!!
King Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.