Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Favorite inshore light(ish) tackle?

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Fish Sticks 
#1 ·
All I have to use right now is a Battle 3000 and an old Silverado Penn rod. I used to have a Spinfisher 3500 and a custom Outcast rod. That was an amazing setup. But what is your favorite setup? I'm trying to get ideas for future light tackle to take on the reds and specks.

#5 ·
All I have to use right now is a Battle 3000 and an old Silverado Penn rod. I used to have a Spinfisher 3500 and a custom Outcast rod. That was an amazing setup. But what is your favorite setup? I'm trying to get ideas for future light tackle to take on the reds and specks.
Love love love my Penn 3000 (Fierce) on a Lews rod, also had a small Stradic last year and it was a good real. :)

#7 ·
Light tackle- Quantum Smoke 30pts on a 6.6 Falcon Coastl XG, med action. Reel fun for those inshore species.
My stepson likes the New Penn Battle II 4000 serise for an inshore / offshore reel. AnOother good selection is the Penn Conflict- 2000 to 3000.

#8 ·
+1 for the Quantum Smokes. I recommend the 30 for inshore use. The 40s and 50s are substantially larger and weigh 25% more. Unless you need the line capacity for some reason, I don't see the point. The only thing that ever came close to spooling me with my 30s was a pelican that hooked itself into one of my trolling lines behind my kayak, haha. You won't have an issue with Bull Reds and Jack Crevalles with the 30.

#9 · (Edited)
I just recently picked up a quantum Iron Pts 30, which is a not as light step down from the smoke. It is already my favorite inshore reel. It's mounted on a shimano teramar, but their are plenty of other good rods like the falcon mentioned above. You can buy the iron at shark river mail order website for $99 free shipping before Christmas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.