Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Anyone fish around Scenic Hwy?

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  submariner 
#1 ·
I rarely get the opportunity to take out the boat and I have a nice kayak as well. The kayak has been my go to lately for ease and my folks own a home on the water off Scenic Hwy. Usually I take the Yak to Gulf breeze or 3mb area, but I was wondering if anyone has any luck anywhere along scenic. I don't mind making a good cruise to get there. I have one spot I could trade for any other suggestions too.

#8 ·
I drive HWY 90 to UWF four days a week and there seems to be a lot of bait activity in the morning as well. Can't really tell if anything is chasing it but you can see the ripples all over the place, on both sides of the road.

#11 ·
I fished the oysterbeds about a month ago Mac and had no luck but a catfish. Any and all luck I have ever had along scenic has been either gull point or the interstate bridge. About a 3rd to half way out on the bridge and train trussel have produced some decent slot reds for a friend and I in the recent past and the occasional sheepshead still.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.