30" Plus Specks Myth-Legend-current Reality?!?!?! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2017, 11:52 AM   #1
Blue Marlin

Default 30" Plus Specks Myth-Legend-current Reality?!?!?!

Ok Guys I have a feeling about this year* this year I wanna break my 29" Speck PB (caught 2016)

Does anyone, anybody have a speck pic of their PB on a bump board that shows a measurement of 30" or greater??????? Caught in PENSACOLA FL?????????

Please use this thread and show off your PB'S I hope everyone has a good 2017 and catches them up* Tight Lines and Good Fishin
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2017, 03:48 PM   #2
White Marlin

Default Not me personally but, 50 years ago.

Oh yeah, I didn't see them measured either. Butch Frith from Gulf Shores caught several that size under the Intararrity Point Bridge. He had more huge Trout one day than most of us catch in a lifetime. He had them in a wheel barrow and several were as long as the wheelbarrow. There were at least 20 Trout and none were under 6-7#. One of the fish weighed a hair under 11#.
Butch was selling them at a fish house on the north side of the canal near the turn table bridge in GS.

I caught several in the 7-8# class in the end of a canal off Cotton Bayou. At that time there were no houses on that particular canal. Actually, there wasn't a heck of a lot of development in the area back then.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:19 PM   #3
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by captken View Post
Oh yeah, I didn't see them measured either. Butch Frith from Gulf Shores caught several that size under the Intararrity Point Bridge. He had more huge Trout one day than most of us catch in a lifetime. He had them in a wheel barrow and several were as long as the wheelbarrow. There were at least 20 Trout and none were under 6-7#. One of the fish weighed a hair under 11#.
Butch was selling them at a fish house on the north side of the canal near the turn table bridge in GS.

I caught several in the 7-8# class in the end of a canal off Cotton Bayou. At that time there were no houses on that particular canal. Actually, there wasn't a heck of a lot of development in the area back then.
50 years ago... I classify that in the Legend Catagory. But 11# class speck! Now where talkin

Old 01-29-2017, 05:34 PM   #4
Blue Marlin

Josh does it have to be on a board?
You don't think anyone here would tell a story do ya....
Old 01-29-2017, 05:45 PM   #5
Sailfish

I troll for reds using 30" trout.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:18 PM   #6
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlw1972 View Post
Josh does it have to be on a board?
You don't think anyone here would tell a story do ya....

Honestly YES!!!! LOL

Ive heard so many stories of GIANT Specks that have been caught. But so so seldomly is there ever any proof. Actually Ive only seen 1 - 30" speck layed on a board, caught in Pensacola and photographed.

I do however absolutely believe those fish still swim our waters to this day. So with a grain of salt I believe most of everyone that has a story to tell.

I know that the current days of CPR is now more common
( catch photo release.... on a measurement board ) and 20 years ago nobody had a cell phone with a CAMERA.

But even with that said there's still 1000 stories to every 1 picture

I just wanted to see what these 30"+ Specks from Pensacola look like.... Ive never seen one in person and have only seen 1 picture showing the proof to all the stories

Was wondering if theres some Pensacola Speckled Trout Legend out there with 1000s of pics to back it up LOL

A 30"+ speck doesn't have to be on a bump board but man lets at least see a pic or 2
jlw1972 likes this.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:41 PM   #7
Grouper

Somewhere in my boxes of pictures I have a 35-40 year old Polaroid photo of a very young me. ...holding a 34in 12lber my father caught. I know I've seen a handfull in that range over the years but people didn't used to be so photo happy (mainly because nobody had cell phones). Just because you caught a big fish didn't necessarily mean you were going to run around town looking for film. If I can find the pic I'll post it. They're out there.
LIM-IT-OUT likes this.
Hawkseye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2017, 07:55 PM   #8
VIP of the PFF
Grand Slam

If I showed you, everybody would just think I'm showing off, and be all mad that I ate them.
MrFish, jlw1972 and LIM-IT-OUT like this.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:58 PM   #9
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROUPERKING View Post
If I showed you, everybody would just think I'm showing off, and be all mad that I ate them.
Nobody likes a showoff Russ.
GROUPERKING likes this.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:18 PM   #10
Blue Marlin

Its not a matter of showing off LOL well it can be looked at that way I guess.....

Nothing wrong with show and tell thats why we decorate our man caves with Buck heads and Fish replicas....

Trophy Specks should be shown off or any Trophy of any game. Hense the name "trophy"

Where are all my Pensacola Gator Trophies at!!!!!
MYTH-LEGEND-CURRENT REALITY
The hunt for future And past Trophies continue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.