8th Semi-Annual Unofficial shark Tourney & Campout May 4th - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Forum Bash's and Get Togethers

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
Blue Marlin

Default 8th Semi-Annual Unofficial shark Tourney & Campout May 4th

This went great the last 7 times, and everybody who's went had a lot of fun! We still have good stories to tell about it! (and maybe a few lies...) Lets do the same again!!

That is a full moon weekend, so it will be great out.

RULES:

Fishing can begin at 4 pm Friday May 4th. Measure-In deadline is Sunday 1 pm May 6th.
In event small craft advisory is in effect in inland waters also, tourney will be canceled and refunds made.

Measuring will be conducted at Fort Mcree.

$80 entry fee per Boat (Team) due by Thursday May 3rd before the tournament. If you are camping and surf fishing instead of boat, ect, "Team" is limited to 4 people per entry fee, and list there names.

One winner, winner take all. "Winner" is team with the largest shark measured by the deadline at fork length. ALL legal species of shark other than Nurse shark are eligable.

Cookout saturday afternoon as long as someone has a shark to bring in with some fried shark nuggets. $80 of the total entry fees will be used for fry oil, propane, breading, and condiments.

For a shark to win IT MUST BE MEASURED PUBLICLY at Fort Mcree. After that, you can keep the shark, or you can donate it to the cookout! Please follow Florida and Federal game laws as regards to bag limits ect., and keep in mind that you need a federal HMS boat permit to fish for sharks out of state waters. Cost is around $10 I think, and can be purchased online. You can bring in one shark per day.

If you do not eat shark, please make sure to keep your eligable shark in good condition and cold on the way to Mcree. There will be many people who would love to take some home if we already have enough for the cookouts. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE THE MEAT! Since we are measuring length, and not weight, it would be best to gut it, and stuff bags of ice inside.

There are no angling rules other than abide by the laws. Everything else is captains choice, as regards angling methods and gear, firearms, ect. So please make sure you are aware of these laws. And yes, it IS illegal believe it or not to spearfish a shark.

This event is more for the purpose of having a dang good time and fryin up some shark on the beach with good friends and making more good friends than anything else. Please keep that in mind, and this will go smooth.

$80 entry can be mailed to:

Clay Palmgren
1333 College Parkway #110
Gulf Breeze, FL 32563

Or shoot me a PM if you would like to make other arrangements, meet up or swing this way, I live in Gulf Breeze. After you enter, please post a post on here to that simply says "ENTERED" so we can all get exited as the prize money grows!

There will be some people camping on Fort Mcree, and I will be bringing some firewood to keep a homebase fire going. I will also be taking a couple boatless anglers to McRee who will be surf fishing for the tournament.

IF YOU HAVE ROOM FOR 1 OR MORE TO TRANSPORT TO FORT MCREE TO SURF FISH OR CAMP SO THEY CAN BE PART OF THIS TOO, PLEASE SAY SO!!! Boatless anglers, speak up if yer goin out to MCree!

For the tournament, the official VHF channel will be 68.

I am really hoping someone else can try to win this thing. Team Chunky Love has, after all, won 4 out of 7. Just sayin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #2
Super Moderator
White Marlin

Sticky'd it to the top for you
Capt. Jon Pinney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
Sailfish

maybe I will be in town for this one. In fact I might have to just request some off time.

Sky
Hot Reels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #4
Blue Marlin

Thanx Captain.

sky, if you are you know your spot back on the boat is there for you!
Old 02-18-2012, 05:25 AM   #5
Sailfish

Hi Clay,
I had a great time at the last event. I will be there and bring some firewood. I can also haul a few campers and their gear over.
It was a ball & that is from a physically challenged Olde Pharte who will be 3/4's of a century old next year.
Tom
Old 02-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #6
Blue Marlin

Awesome Tom! Looking forward to seeing you!
Old 02-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
Mingo

Fort Mcree is the same as Johnson's beach correct?
Old 02-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #8
Grouper

Our team will make its first appearence! Clay is a pers. check ok to mail? We spent last night trying to think of a team name, but had to many drinks and forgot what we were supposed to be thinking of! Will need some help shuttling some gear over. We will be surf fishing and camping out.

TRP

TheRoguePirate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #9
Blue Marlin

Mcree is the oppisite side of the Pensacola Pass of Fort Pickens. Here's a google earth image with the best route in if your not familiar with the area.

8th Semi-Annual Unofficial shark Tourney & Campout May 4th-mcree-jpg

You can see how narrow the area to get through on the south side coming from the east is around all those shallow areas and sandbars. Keep in mind too that entire area north of Mcree and south of "Robertsons Island is a no wake zone.

Rouge, I have room to transport gear over and back for you guys. And personal check is fine!
Old 02-24-2012, 10:42 PM   #10
Mingo

Sounds fun, so what do you win if you have the longest shark?

23' Contender-- sold
24' Shamrock-- sold
30' Rampage Express -- Bikini Bottom
13' Boston Whaler Super Sport-- Bait Boat
Bikini Bottom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.