7th Semi-Annual Unofficial Shark Tourney and Mcree Camp-Out October 14th-16th - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Forum Bash's and Get Togethers

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 02:17 AM   #1
Blue Marlin

Default 7th Semi-Annual Unofficial Shark Tourney and Mcree Camp-Out October 14th-16th

This went great the last 6 times, and everybody who went had a lot of fun! We still have good stories to tell about it! (and maybe a few lies...) Lets do the same again!!

That weekend is nearly a full moon a full moon, so it will be great out.

RULES:

Fishing can begin at 4 pm Friday October 14th. Measure-In deadline is Sunday 1 pm October 16th.

In event small craft advisory is in effect in inland waters also, tourney will be canceled and refunds made.

Measuring will be conducted at Fort Mcree.

$80 entry fee per Boat (Team) due by Thursday October 13th before the tournament. If you are camping and surf fishing instead of boat, ect, "Team" is limited to 4 people per entry fee, and list there names.

One winner, winner take all. "Winner" is team with the largest shark measured by the deadline at fork length. ALL legal species of shark other than Nurse shark are eligable.

Cookout saturday afternoon as long as someone has a shark to bring in with some fried shark nuggets. $80 of the total entry fees will be used for fry oil, propane, breading, and condiments.

For a shark to win IT MUST BE MEASURED PUBLICLY at Fort Mcree. After that, you can keep the shark, or you can donate it to the cookout! Please follow Florida and Federal game laws as regards to bag limits ect., and keep in mind that you need a federal HMS boat permit to fish for sharks out of state waters. Cost is around $10 I think, and can be purchased online. You can bring in one shark per day.

If you do not eat shark, please make sure to keep your eligable shark in good condition and cold on the way to Mcree. There will be many people who would love to take some home if we already have enough for the cookouts. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE THE MEAT! Since we are measuring length, and not weight, it would be best to gut it, and stuff bags of ice inside.

There are no angling rules other than abide by the laws. Everything else is captains choice, as regards angling methods and gear, firearms, ect. So please make sure you are aware of these laws. And yes, it IS illegal believe it or not to spearfish a shark.

This event is more for the purpose of having a dang good time and fryin up some shark on the beach with good friends and making more good friends than anything else. Please keep that in mind, and this will go smooth.

$80 entry can be mailed to:

Clay Palmgren
1333 College Parkway #110
Gulf Breeze, FL 32563

Shoot me a PM if you would like to make other arrangements, meet up or swing this way, I live in Gulf Breeze. After you enter, please post a post on here to that simply says "ENTERED" so we can all get exited as the prize money grows!

There are a ton of other rules that could be posted, but I think everybody knows what is ethical and proper and fair. Also mob riot will enforse any common sense rules. Such as if you bring a frozen shark you caught last month to the Measure-In, I think the mob riot will fix that stupidity. And they say you can't fix stupid!

There will be some people camping on Fort Mcree, and I will be bringing some firewood to keep a homebase fire going. I will also be taking a couple boatless anglers to McRee who will be surf fishing for the tournament.

IF YOU HAVE ROOM FOR 1 OR MORE TO TRANSPORT TO FORT MCREE TO SURF FISH AND CAMP SO THEY CAN BE PART OF THIS TOO, PLEASE SAY SO!!! Boatless anglers, speak up if yer goin out to MCree!

Before the tournament, an official VHF channel will be announced.

I am really hoping someone else can try to win this thing. Team Chunky Love has, after all, won 3 out of 6. Just sayin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
Grouper

Is it open to the public to come and just hang out?

Last edited by ycanti; 09-05-2011 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Spelling
ycanti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
Blue Marlin

Definitely! There is usually at least another 40 or so people from the forums that just come out to camp and make it a party!

Here's a link to last falls tourney with pictures on page 1 of previous years, and then on the following pages more pictures of last years shenanigans. Last fall was a real blast!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:22 PM   #4
Trigger

How you gonna have a tournament when every bodies gonna be at my party??
CAPT. PAUL REDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #5
Sailfish

Just curious while camping there are dogs allowed out there or no? I would assume no but wanted to double check.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
Sailfish

Send a message via AIM to feelin' wright

Miller Time. I think that if you have dogs that you need to stay on Sand Island and not directly on McCree.
feelin' wright is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #7
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelin' wright View Post
Miller Time. I think that if you have dogs that you need to stay on Sand Island and not directly on McCree.
Is sand island the one between ft mcree and sherman cove?
Old 09-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
Still haven't caught a
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Is sand island the one between ft mcree and sherman cove?

Yes.
FenderBender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #9
Sailfish

OK thank you.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:43 PM   #10
Mingo

Is this a young mens tourney?? I'm a 52yr old Geezer. Just wondering if I would fit in? I have a 25' cuddy, but no team...

1993 INVADER REEFRUNNER 244 TWIN SUZUKI 140's
fish2day is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.