Keeping a non-slip boat deck/floor clean????? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Boating Topics > Boating and Fishing Tricks and Tips

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
Red Snappa Slappa
Mingo

Default Keeping a non-slip boat deck/floor clean?????

Just about to the end of things to try...I cant keep our deck and "checkered" portion of the floor clean for more than a day or 2.....we spent 5 hours last weekend scrubbing the entire boat, with most of the time spent on the deck..we can get the boat looking almost new...and then I walk by today, and not only is the deck and floor filthy from the recent storms but its almost like we never even touched it!!!!! and the stains wont wash out with a sponge and soapy water...reckon its back to the bleach/soft scrub and magic eraser AGAIN!!!!!there has to be something that can make cleaning the deck and non-slip checkered floor easier!!!!!!!other than a few rust stains around some hardware, the floor is our biggest and worst nightmare with regards to getting the boat looking like it should.....is there a product that can be sprayed on the deck and floor that would "seal" it and prevent stains from happening so fast?????

any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated
slayerextreme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

Send a message via AIM to fisheye48

i was tld never to use soft scrub on it....i used the deck cleaner from west marine(their brand) i would put it in a spray bottle and would coat the deck with it and let it sit for a few min then spray it down again and get on my hands and knees and scrub it and it would come right up
fisheye48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
Snapper

Try Woody Wax after you get it good and clean. Works great
Trophy05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye48 View Post
i was tld never to use soft scrub on it....i used the deck cleaner from west marine(their brand) i would put it in a spray bottle and would coat the deck with it and let it sit for a few min then spray it down again and get on my hands and knees and scrub it and it would come right up
Why not soft scrub. Seems to work well, though not so good on dried on tuna blood!
Bill Me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
Sailfish

woody wax
JoshH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #6
Grouper

I use Woody Wax and it helps but I still notice that the deck acquires some stains that won't come up without scrubbing with help from some type of cleaner, which I'm sure takes up the woody wax. Sometimes I feel like a hamster on a wheel. Clean the deck....get the deck dirty....clean the deck.....deck gets dirty....clean the.....well, you get the idea.
johnboatjosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #7
Red Snappa Slappa
Mingo

exactly!!!!! getting it clean is easy...keeping it clean is the pain in the butt!!!!!
Old 05-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #8
Sailfish

Getting it bloody beats cleaning it up any day!
Bill Me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #9
White Marlin

Default The easiest way I ever found is--

Clean feet before entering the boat. Clean feet upon entering the boat.
Do not enter the cabin in grungy deck shoes. Don't walk in fish blood and gore unless you absolutely have to. Clean feet often and well. Not only is this a cleanliness issue but it is a safety issue as well.

Clean up messes as soon as they occur. A wood bristle brush and a bucket of water or water from the wash down pump and a little well timed scrubbing makes the end of the day cleaning duck soup. Use a wet towel to wipe down vertical surfaces or places the deck brush can't handle.
If your boat doesn't have scuppers, you can still keep it clean with a brush and a big sponge or heavy towel to handle excess water and slime.

A little time spent during the trip will pay off big time at the end of the day. I learned this my first day as a deck hand and I practiced it through many years of charter and commercial fishing. There is no excuse for a grungy boat.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #10
Red Snappa Slappa
Mingo

Yep....I keep the brush handy while fishing...wash and scrub any blood or bait as soon as it happens...my problem is that I cant keep the damn thing clean while its sitting in the yard,,,,,and small twigs or the occasional seed pod or anything else, hits the deck and where it lands, there will be almost what looks like a rust stain...and it cant be rinsed off, it has to be scrubbed...thats why I was looking for a "sealer" more than a cleaner...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.