Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Trolling motor interferes with fish finder??

784 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kanaka 
#1 ·
Hey, I've got a 101lb MK iPilot and a HB 998c SI. A couple months ago the fish finder began getting massive distortion any time the trolling motor ran, but the speed and distortion correlated. When the trolling motor isn't running there's no distortion.

The TM is on its own 36v system and is in no way connected to any other systems on the boat. It's even got is own dedicated charger. The one thing I have noticed is that it's time for a new TM plug (I remove the TM and keep it inside) due to corrosion on the male prongs.

I'm at a loss for how to solve the distortion. I don't even know where to begin. Suggestions?

I have taken the prop off the trolling motor and cleared some line thinking the TM might be generating noise.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Possibly inductance causing interference if your TM wires are next to your DF wiring. Reroute (separate) the wires from each other and see if that fixes it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.