Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Sheet aluminum source?

913 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Flounder9.75 
#1 · (Edited)
I am debating building a boat, well more like making a 40" jon boat 72" wide at the bottom. I have a 4'x10' sheet of .90" aluminum, but I need another 4'x5' for the bottom, and an 20"x8' sheet for the transom.

To the naysayers, I've had some quotes on the boat I want, 15'x 6' all were in the 7500$ and up for just a bare boat. I have a donor boat, half of the sheet metal needed, and the skills and tools to do the job. I have yet to see a 6' wide jon boat any where, thought about converting an air boat hull, but all of those are fiberglass that I've found. Basically I'm to cheap to spend more than a decent truck costs for a jon boat.

My reason for wanting a wide boat is I have zero balance and jon boats tend to throw me off of them. Durn things are like a bucking bull.

Anyway, does anyone know of a source for sheet aluminum?

#2 ·
Tc Metals on Herman street for whole sheets, pipe, and square tube 438-8280. I was told they were wholesale only, I have an account, just call me if you need me.

Pensacola metal fab off 9 mile and fowler ave for smaller pieces of all shapes and sizes, they can do bending and cutting for you. Contact David 484-0662.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.