My gun was evidence..can i get it back now? (charges dropped) - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #1
Trigger

Default My gun was evidence..can i get it back now? (charges dropped)

If you are arrested on misdemeanor gun charges but then the charges are dropped, and your gun is still evidence, they have to give it back to you right? ---Since im sure yall will wonder...two months ago there was a big ass fight outside my apartment at UCF, and instead of just calling the cops, i was an idiot and went out on my balcony with my 12 gauge and yelled for them to break it up...One of the guys in the fight i guess tried to say i threatened them to get his ass out of trouble but the truth came out and im free and clear, but my shotgun is still "evidence" i guess? Can i get it back? Anyone know anything about this. Thanks
-- Saints Domination -- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #2
Cigar Minnow

Default RE: My gun was evidence..can i get it back now? (charges dropped)

I don't know the law on that, but considering your actions, I don't think you should get it back. That's the problem these days, everyone wants to pull a gun when something can be settled with fists. Man up next time and don't be such a coward. That's the reason guns should be banned.
baker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #3
Capt Dickhead
Sailfish

Quote:
baker (3/15/2009)I don't know the law on that, but considering your actions, I don't think you should get it back. That's the problem these days, everyone wants to pull a gun when something can be settled with fists. Man up next time and don't be such a coward. That's the reason guns should be banned.
Really???? If we had an award for the dumbest quote of the day, you my friend would be at the top of the list!!

I think your gun should be returned, probably have to make some calls
Voodoo Lounge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
Trigger

I realize my actions were completely inappropriate (Remember that i never threatened anyone and it was empty), but i wasn't about to jump in the middle of 15+ people literally trying to kill each other, some leaving in an ambulance. It was the only thing i could think of at the time, sure as hell wont react the same way next time though.
-- Saints Domination -- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 08:41 PM   #5
Cigar Minnow

[quote]Voodoo Lounge (3/15/2009)
Quote:
Really???? If we had an award for the dumbest quote of the day, you my friend would be at the top of the list!!

I think your gun should be returned, probably have to make some calls

Ok, so someone should risk getting shot every time a fight breaks out? How dumb is that? Don't be so quick to call me your friend if you think like that.
baker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 08:43 PM   #6
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
White Marlin

go to the arresting agency with a copy of the court disposition, if the judge says you can have it, then they will give it to you.

The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends.....
MULLET HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #7
Capt Dickhead
Sailfish

Saints said the charges were dropped. You said thats why guns should be banned!! You want a bunch of thugs who could care less for the law to be the only ones with guns??

BTW, I'm all for a good ol'one on one, bloody nose, snot running,blackin out, beatdown,ass whippin!!!

How in the hell have I let two of you suck me into a derail today?? Must be old age!!
Voodoo Lounge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #8
Sailfish

Quote:
baker (3/15/2009)I don't know the law on that, but considering your actions, I don't think you should get it back. That's the problem these days, everyone wants to pull a gun when something can be settled with fists. Man up next time and don't be such a coward. That's the reason guns should be banned.
While were banning things why don't we ban freedom of speech so thatwe don't have to read idiotic comments such as the one you posted.
Geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #9
Trigger

Quote:
Voodoo Lounge (3/15/2009)Saints said the charges were dropped. You said thats why guns should be banned!! You want a bunch of thugs who could care less for the law to be the only ones with guns??

How in the hell have I let two of you suck me into a derail today?? Must be old age!!

lol. ^ Thanks for the tip Mullet Hunter
Old 03-15-2009, 08:54 PM   #10
Sailfish

you should be able to get it back, and should get it back. Lesson learned.

Here is a quote I learned a long time ago. It applys both literaly and figurativly

"Never hold an unloaded gun"

Sky
Hot Reels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.