How many people Completely Know you? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
Blue Marlin

Default How many people Completely Know you?

Rob Thomas was interviewed by Katie Curic and she asked how he came up with the incredible music that he has written. His answer was nothing short of life changing.

He said that for a period of time he was homeless and lived in a cardboard box under a bridge in LA. One of his neighbors was a common man that had at one time had a business and lost it as well as his family. When living in a cardboard box you have nothing to hide, and neither of the two of them hide anything and knew each other insideout, upsidedown and backwards. He then asked Katie how many people <U>Completely</U> knew her? she danced around the question and didn't answer it. Rob went on to say that there was many stories and songs in every person, but you have to know them to know the stories. He said most of his greatest music was written while he was homeless and alot of it was just stories from the lives of other homeless people. If you listen to the lyrics of the song "If your gone" it is really neat to know this because that song is the story of the man who lost his family, and the night his wife and the mother of his children had to make the decision to leave in order to provide for the children.

I thought it was amazing. Rob Thomas is the lead singer for Matchbox 20, and a very impressive person.

I share my life with almost everyone I have the relationship to share it with, and I feel there is a number of people that know me in the way Rob Thomas discribed.

How many people Completely know you,,,,,,,Completely?
Garbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2008, 11:02 AM   #2
White Marlin

Default RE: How many people Completely Know you?

2.........MAYBE?

I am a pretty closed off person. I keep most things to myself, and kind of like it that way.
www.southagain.com
www.pensacolafishcharters.com
captbrad@southagain.com
Inshore/Nearshore Charters
Brad King is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #3
Sailfish

1- Myself And I even suprise myself sometimes.

and I think that is true for most people.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
Blue Marlin

Quote:
sniper (7/3/2008)1- Myself And I even suprise myself sometimes.

and I think that is true for most people.
I believe you are right without a doubt and I also believe that is why Katie didn't give an answer. I don't think there is one way better than theother, but most everyone I know has some great qualities and it is a shame that everyone doesn't get the chance to know them, but, then again they may not want other to be that close.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #5
Grouper

I agree with sniper. Nobody truely knows me. I don't let anybody in. Probably why I am twice divorced.
User1265 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
Mingo

It is not a good idea to be too open with most folks. I am fourtunate, I think, to have 1 person that really knows me well and that is my son. He has grown into a fine youg man and is also a member of this fourm.
catchenbeatsfishen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2008, 09:49 AM   #7
Blue Marlin

Quote:
catchenbeatsfishen (7/3/2008)It is not a good idea to be too open with most folks. I am fourtunate, I think, to have 1 person that really knows me well and that is my son. He has grown into a fine youg man and is also a member of this fourm.
Cool Post. I have two boys and I know you are proud. It is amazing to me how many people have children and a bad relationship with them.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #8
Grouper

Yeah, I have 2 sons, one that I am very very close to and one that I am not so close to, and even they don't know everything about their dad that I could tell them! My closest friend, whom I would trust with the outcome of my life if there were that need, doesn't know everything about the real me!

I don't know that anyone can admit honestlytoshowing their "all"to their closest other human, whomever that person may be. I believe that everyone has a few skeletons buried deep down in the very depths of their souls and that factor contributes to some kind of character flaw that they still possess or make public in their daily lives and conversations and actions.

Garbo, I have to say that you do provoke some insightful thinking with some ofyour well thought out questions. I enjoy many of your threads and your posts.

Just thought you should know that.

1. Rust
2. Politicians
Framerguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2008, 10:40 AM   #9
Blue Marlin

I don't disagree with you at all Framerguy, and I also think it is not normal for someone to be transparent with another human regardless of how close they may be. But, read the origional post, Rob Thomas's greatest work came from knowing other people completely. Think about that. Rob was a homeless man, and now is one of the more respected, successful people in music and music writting. Carlos Santana said of Rob Thomas, "Most likely the most talanted musician since John Lennon". Rob responds to Carlos's Statement, "All I do is share my life and that of others".

Don't we all know and understand noone is perfect and we all have flaws and failures.

I am not nieve and do know most people have something to hide and do. But really...Why?
Old 07-04-2008, 10:58 AM   #10
Trigger

My wife, which is probably why divorce has never been a thought in our relationship (NEVER). These questions of late Garbo have given me a new appreciation of the forum. Instead all the pompous BS, you are inspiring thought and it is appreciated. Wish more politians would think the way you do by inspiring a sense of community togetherness as opposed to changing things to the way they see how things should be (BOTH SIDES) Sign of a good leader is someone that can bring a diverse group to a common good.
Msstdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.