Gun Registration. - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #1
Blue Marlin

Default Gun Registration.

Hello. Figured I would ask here, because somebody ALWAYS hasA orTHE solution. I have a friend that passed a couple of years ago that left me 4 handgun's and two rifles. It's taken me about this long to finally want to dig them out (yes they were stored properly, oil, wrapped ect.), inspect them, and decided what I am going to do with them. What exactly is the procedure and cost (if any) to legally register these items with the PD (I am in Escambia County). These's gun's were not listed inthe will, just the wishes passed on to his wife as to where they were to go, so I have no receipts of paperwork of any kind ( she left town almost immediately after the death and burial ). Thanks in advance for any advise, instructions, or information. Tight lines, T
Boatjob1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
Grand Slam

Send a message via AIM to Tuna Man Send a message via MSN to Tuna Man Send a message via Yahoo to Tuna Man
Default RE: Gun Registration.

You never mentioned if they were ever registered. I would think that is important.
Tuna Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #3
Trigger

you shouldnt have to register them, unless they are fully auto or are suppressed. just call the sheriff and ask.
matthewy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
Blue Marlin

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Good MorningRon. Seriously doubt they were ever registered, but Ialso have a permit to carry. Didn't want something coming up in the future that might jeopardize that permit status. Just trying to think aheadplus there?sNO telling what's going to be ahead in this new administration......... </DIV>
Boatjob1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2009, 11:05 AM   #5
Mingo

It's my understanding you don't have to register afirearm at all in Florida. I believe the wording in the law is that it creates a "shopping list" for criminals looking to steal firearms.
yakdiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #6
Grand Slam

Send a message via AIM to Tuna Man Send a message via MSN to Tuna Man Send a message via Yahoo to Tuna Man

Quote:
Boatjob1 (2/25/2009)<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Good MorningRon. Seriously doubt they were ever registered, but Ialso have a permit to carry. Didn't want something coming up in the future that might jeopardize that permit status. Just trying to think aheadplus there?sNO telling what's going to be ahead in this new administration......... </DIV>
The only time we have to register a gun (in AL)are certain ones required by ATF and when buying from a gun shop/store. Both Susan and I have CCC and hardly anything I have is registered. If you want to see if they have been registered I'd go down with the s# from the cheapest one and register it if you so choose, or maybe they will run a check on that number.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #7
Trigger

Quote:
yakdiver (2/25/2009)It's my understanding you don't have to register afirearm at all in Florida......

Correct. The only registry is for firearms sold by a FFL dealer. And that is not necessarily a registry as much so as it is just a proof of a legal sale to someone. No need to worry.
shakeyjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #8
Grand Slam

I don't think the original question was so much of a need toregistering a gun and obtaining a CCC, as much as it is of concern of obtaining a CCC and at a later time if checked it is found that the gun might of been stolen, used in a crime, or if in fact it was legally passed down.

Correct me if I missed your intensions.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:25 PM   #9
Trigger

Quote:
shakeyjr (2/25/2009)
Quote:
yakdiver (2/25/2009)It's my understanding you don't have to register afirearm at all in Florida......

Correct. The only registry is for firearms sold by a FFL dealer. And that is not necessarily a registry as much so as it is just a proof of a legal sale to someone. No need to worry.

Bingo!
matthewy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.