ATTN MURDER SUSPECT LOOSE ON UWF CAMPUS - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
White Marlin

Send a message via Yahoo to konz
Default ATTN MURDER SUSPECT LOOSE ON UWF CAMPUS

Just got a call from Karon and she asked that I post that UWF is locked down! All evening classes are cancled, and anybody on campus (living or in class) have been asked to stay inside. The suspect is a white male, 42 years old,about 5'8" 160lbs wearing a green shirt and jeans.

Please spread the word to stay away from UWF until further notice!
konz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
Super Moderator
White Marlin

Default RE: ATTN MURDER SUSPECT LOOSE ON UWF CAMPUS

<DIV class=articleflex>University of West Florida students have been alerted that Escambia County deputies are looking for a murder suspect in the woods of Gulf Power property near the school?s main campus.</DIV>

The suspect has been described as a 42-year-old white man, wearing a dark green shirt and jeans. He is 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 160 pounds, according to the UWF notification.

Escambia Sheriff?s Office spokesman Sgt. Ted Roy said the Sheriff?s Office, campus police, the U.S. Marshal Service and other agencies are cooperating in the search.

Roy said the suspect, whose name he did not release, is wanted on a homicide warrant out of Escambia County, Ala.

Campus has been on lock down now for more 90 minutes.

About 4:30 p.m. a call came in to dispatch at the UWF Police Department that the suspect was sighted in Building 13 Room 230.

Three officers, one of them with a rifle, are headed in that direction.

Students had been advised to stay indoors and not go into the woods or the UWF Nature Trail. A campus loudspeaker system has made the announcement that people are to go inside and lock the doors.

A helicopter is circling campus overhead and several law enforcement cars and deputies are stationed along Campus Drive.

A concentration of officers seems to be gathered in the stretch of woods between the welcome center and the first parking lot.

If you see the suspect, call 911.

Meanwhile law enforcement personnel are searching the Gulf Power?s Crist Plant property according to Sandy Sims, public affairs manager.

Plant is still operating normally. Two deputies are posted at the main gate checking cars as they leave.

Sims said that plant security personnel are cooperating with law enforcement in trying to locate the fugitive, wanted in connection with a cold case investigation.

?It?s our understanding that (Alabama officials) were trying to apprehend a suspect in a cold case and the person found out about it and was not where they were supposed to be,? Sims said.

Sims said the person being sought is not a Gulf Power employee.<SPAN class=aa>
Capt. Jon Pinney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
Sailfish

my girlfriend JUST told me about this, my little brother is there right now for a swim meet:reallycrying
User6882 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
Grouper

tyler massey isnt very happy right now

he is in class
kingling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
Sailfish

my wife works there and I called a LEO friend of mine. They should be allowing people to leave the campus as we speak. Hope they put a bullet in the bastard
Caspr21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #6
Blue Marlin

wife goes to school there, and she was able to leave eariler.. She was suppose to go back for her night class, but they canceled all of them..Matter of fact, she was in class when the first text went out. But she did'nt get it till after she got to her car.
wld1985 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2009, 11:22 PM   #7
Grouper

Yeah, cops were everywhere. They held us in class until 5:30, it sucked.
Tyler Massey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2009, 11:29 PM   #8
Still haven't caught a
Sailfish

UWF woods are a great place to hide... if I were the suspect, I would hide out til dark then make my way down to escambia river and either swim out, into the bay and then scenic hwy or I10, or continue hiding in Escambia WMA... lot of woods there. I wonder if the guy has wilderness survival skills?
FenderBender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2009, 11:32 PM   #9
Sailfish

Quote:
FenderBender (10/6/2009)UWF woods are a great place to hide... if I were the suspect, I would hide out til dark then make my way down to escambia river and either swim out, into the bay and then scenic hwy or I10, or continue hiding in Escambia WMA... lot of woods there. I wonder if the guy has wilderness survival skills?
lol
-=Desperado=- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2009, 12:14 AM   #10
Grouper

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl8_lblFullMessage>UWF woods are a great place to hide... if I were the suspect, I would hide out til dark then make my way down to escambia river and either swim out, into the bay and then scenic hwy or I10, or continue hiding in Escambia WMA... lot of woods there. I wonder if the guy has wilderness survival skills?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
sounds like something bear grills would say

lol!!
kingling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.