Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Want to help fellow vet's

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  oldflathead 
#1 ·
I don't consider my self a vet., even though tech. I am, I would like to donate some of my time to helping, does any body know of a place I can help them in a hunting/fishing or outdoor type of compactly, cant donate a a lot of time because I help take care of my 90 year mother in law but I would like to help.

#3 ·
http://outdoorswithoutlimits.net/

I help with fishing and hunting trips. It's very rewarding. I live in Georgia. You might have a chapter somewhere around you. If not you could see about starting a chapter. We take disabled Sportsmen and women, children, disabled/wounded U.S. Veterans and Senior Outdoorsmen on hunting and fishing trips. Your thoughts are very commendably

http://outdoorswithoutlimits.net/

#9 ·
The WWP is one organization that will never get a dime from me. Less than 10% of donations go to help guys out while the rest pays for massive advertising campaigns and 6 figure salaries for about a dozen executives. I tried donating a few fishing trips once and got told that they only took cash donations. That immediately caused me to look into their operation a little more and I didn't like what I saw.

OP, there are several local organizations that have been mentioned, heroes on the water is a good one, also the Emerald Coast Wounded Warrior Ass. Is a good one. I'm sure there are more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Don't own a boat anymore and never been in a kayak before, to top heavy now days probably flip over, the only thing I can offer is my time, been busted up and put up wet one to many time to be any good for most thing but I'm sure I could help some how. Will get a call out to WWP Monday.

startzc will check out the post and maybe go by west marine.

#10 ·
Most volunteer orgs. Are like above stated. The vets are well takin care of by the VA. It just takes a lot of work to get the help from the VA because of the fraud. I will never donate to any org. I started with nothing and have always worked for everything I have. Now im gonna spend it all and leave my sibling with a lot of junk to sell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.