Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Tuna recipe question

832 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  OP-FOR 
#1 ·
I am not going to lie... I have tried it many different ways and to be quite honest just cant like it on a routine basis.. it may be the way I cook it, season, I don't know.... I had some at a restaurant a few months ago that work paid for and I dang near lick the plate clean it was so good. I was thinking maybe it was the hollandaise sauce?? what are your go to recipes and sauces.. I really want to like it since we have a bit of it. ( mainly yellow fin ) we got the black fin down pat making it into tuna salad.... am I crazy for not liking it?

#5 ·
Pssssttttttt ain't got time fer 2 wooden sticks!!! Soy/lemon and your thumb/pointy finger!!!

Folks think I'm crazy cause I'll eat it like this but I won't eat canned tuna....2 total different fish!!! Canned tuna is cat food!!!!:blink:

#3 ·
I keep it simple. Tonis and garlic. Maybe a little olive oil. It's great every time.
I've ate it a few different ways that I didn't like.

For me, A George Forman grill is the best way.

And I don't eat any raw fish.

#11 ·
Raw or Rare

There are a few ways to fix it up BUT the recipes are the best when the tuna is raw or rare. If cooked all the way through you should have saved your money and got it out of a can. That is the YUCK. I do smoke mine thoroughly when I make tuna dip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.