Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Skin it for Ballyhoo?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  BigSlick 
#1 ·
I've been wanting to get into trolling more. I bottom fish mostly, but would like to expand to other species and techniques. Ive trolled with stretch 25s but never ballyhoo or any kind of skirted bait. Would this new product be something worth trying out for a beginner that doesn't know how to rig his own baits?

https://vimeo.com/155614682

#6 ·
take the time to learn how to do it with light copper wire or rigging floss, its pretty easy and very rewarding to catch fish on baits you rigged. But with the ballyhoo condom maybe we can prevent some fish to fish transfer of fishy stds

#7 ·
billme, I actually live in san diego now but will be moving to Jacksonville soon. Wife is in the navy and even after we left pensacola, I still read the pensacola fishing forum daily. but, thanks for the offer. I will look into rigging them the normal way, I just came across this video on another site and thought it was a pretty cool shortcut, Even if it does look like a ballyhoo condom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.