Search continues for man missing in Gulf of Mexico - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
Fabricator
Snapper

Exclamation Search continues for man missing in Gulf of Mexico

The tragic thing is I know the person that has gone missing. I went to high school with him, and he even took part in helping scatter the ashes of another of our friend's father's ashes 6 years ago in the gulf off the same general area of the beach he went missing from. Everyone usually always hopes for the best, though with the amount of time that has lapsed the Coast Guard will probably turn it into a recovery mission instead of it currently being a rescue mission.

http://www.thedestinlog.com/news/sea...ty-destin.html

After more than three hours, the search for a missing man in the Gulf of Mexico continues.

Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer Michele Nicholson told The Log the search would more than likely continue until dark.

According to first responders on scene and Nicholson, the adult male was riding a WaveRunner with two younger passengers behind Coral Reef Club Condominiums when witness reported seeing the man leave the watercraft, but never come back.

TO SEE MORE PHOTOS FROM THE SCENE, CLICK HERE.

Batallion Chief James Taylor from the Destin Fire Control District told The Log the two passengers had drifted back safely and were taken to shore.

Representatives from the fire district, both the Walton County and Okaloosa County Sheriff's Offices, the United States Coast Guard and Florida Fish and Wildlife were on hand to assist in the search efforts.

A helicopter from the tourism company Timberview Helicopter, which is based out of the Destin Airport, even helped search for the missing man.

As the search was underway, the balcony of Coral Reef Club filled with watchful eyes as binoculars were a common sight.

Red flags were flying on the beach behind the condos.

A Coast Guard helicopter from Mobile, Ala. was flown in to assist, but had to return to the Destin Airport to re-fuel before continuing the search. Multiple boats were still canvasing the Gulf of Mexico.

As of 7:15 p.m., the search was still underway.
Starlifter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

Man Im sorry to hear that. I was at the jetties snorkeling with my daughter when I saw an FWC with sirens blaring blast out of the past around four o clock, I guess he was responding to this.
JD7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.