Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Sandbars or must sees near Pensacola Beach?

5K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Dusky 
#1 ·
I rented a 21ft NauticStar CC Sunday from Harbor View Marina. We will be exploring around shoreline and Pensacola beach restaurants. Do you have any sandbar recommendations close to that area? Any other must see's or do's? Also what's the best sites to check weather and bay conditions?

Thanks,

Ed

#2 ·
Ft. Mcrea is a must for a few hours. Peg Leg Petes has slips you can pull into for lunch, Pirates Cove on Perdido Bay is dog friendly and has great cheeseburgers if you're looking for a very casual place.

#6 ·
I've been around here for a long time and never heard of starfish cove. Guessing they called it that because they found an abundance of sea stars in an area. I don't dive much anymore but when i dropped anchor I found lots of sand dollars. Some as large as a saucer.

#7 ·
I,ve been there. It,s not really a cove , and I don,t know who named it that but it,s about a quarter mile east of the old Coast Gaurd station on the sound side. You can swim around in the shallows skimming your hands and find hundreds of them in a couple hours. I,ve also seen people put their boat in gear on that beach and it will blow dozens of them everywhere. Kind of weird I don't know why there are so many in that one spot, but they are always there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.