Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Public Waypoint Mayhem

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  redlegs 
#1 · (Edited)
Great majority of you veterans will not need to waste time here, I'm just relating a problem I ran into, and the fix. I had downloaded public numbers from the usual suspects, and installed a program called GPX Editor to cull the WP's I wanted and save to GPX. Advise that you do not use the free version of this program. For a reason I was unable to figure out, the software was adding .014 to the latitude of every waypoint I tried to save.
Anyway, every waypoint I had on my chartplotter was corrupted, had to dump the entire database. Am now using GPS Utility (http://www.gpsu.co.uk/). Works great, but the free version is limited to how may waypoints you can store in a single file. That's why I am attaching more than 1 GPX file here, for newbs like me who might be interested.
These are 99.9% public numbers, and a few places on the inside that I thought worth checking out. All numbers are verified and cross-referenced for accuracy from available sources on the net.

OK, tried to upload the actual GPX files and they didn't show up. So either ignore or shoot me a PM and I'll send you the files I have.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.