Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Marine Forcast

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  JoeyWelch 
#1 ·
Whats the best place to get a accurate Marine Forcast?? Sea conditions in particular. Also anyone know a good phone app for this as well? Thanks Guys!

#2 ·
Best place I've found is about 14 miles South of Pensacola Pass. By that time you've got past any boat/land effects and have a great idea of what is going on nearshore and offshore. This is the only accurate method I've found, subject to change at any moment of course. :)

But, if you're meaning before you go, iPhone has a BuoyData app. It's not free and it gives the same information you could view via Safari. It just aggregates it without having to navigate multiple internet pages.

It has both buoy and tide reports.

#7 ·
The best forcast tool I have found is reefcast on florida offshore.com. I look at NOAA, Bouy Data, Intellicast for wind speeds and then Reefcast to male my decisions. I trust none of them 100%, you have to gather all the infromation and make the best decision you can about future conditions. L

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.